Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked Lulu today on a road she has never been on before. I took a pic to show ya'll, and I know you're gonna think I crazy that I have never taken her on it before when you see where it is. I am a stay-in-the-middle-of-nice-normal-street-kinda-girl. I of course let Lulu sniff around everywhere and even on the side of the road, but I just always make my block a few times or we run around the yard. We never go outside our comfort zone.

First of all let me show off my precious little girl in her new harness (I wish it was a Buddy Belt).
Please ignore our terrible yard, but the weather was bad last night and everything in the trees is now on the ground. lol

Now, I'm standing on my front porch and the road I walked her on is across the street off to the right behind the barricade.

When we got to the barricade I took a pic of the abandoned street.

Lulu had a great time sniffing like a hunting dog! She couldn't walk for sniffing everything she came into contact with because there is so much wildlife in those woods beside that road I know she smelled it. The thought of the moccassins we might encounter waking up with the spring weather made me walk her like both our tails were on fire! She was like, "Um...wha...hey...wait...I was trying to sniff that! Slow down!" When we got back home one of her legs had worked its way out of the harness and it was totally under her chest on one side! lol

That was Lulu's adventure today!!

Misc. pic: We saw this at a gas station 2 days before Easter and my DIL jumped out of the car and asked if she could take a pic.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like she enjoyed her adventure. I like her harness looks very comfortable and the colors are so pretty. She is adorable.
Thanks, Evelyn! I love the color red, and I think red looks good on her. She seems to enjoy herself once she gets going, but when I say, "You wanna go for a walk?" She runs and gets on my bed like that will save her, and she pulls backward like she's putting on brakes until we get out the door!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice harness! That road is so close!

I love walking once the nice weather hits. I feel so productive!
Thank you, Krystal. You are right! I love a beautiful, sunny, spring day! It just makes you feel good to be outside, and I know Lulu needs the sunshine as much as she needs the walk. I just wish there was someplace I could take her outside that I could feel 100% safe AND reap all the benefits, but I will keep on until I come up with that. Just last week one of my very good friend's mom's 15 year old yorkie was sunning in her own back yard--I guess the yard was not fenced, but they didn't worry about a 15 year old dog going anywhere. The next door neighbor's dog got out of their privacy fence and came next door and killed the yorkie. I just don't have words for how I would feel if that was Lulu. I guess I tend to be a scared-of-the-great-big-world-think-the-dangers-and-guard kind of girl. As long as Lulu is in the house the danger is GREATLY cut down.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Too cute! I love adventures!
Thanks, Christie! Speaking of adventure, that pic off my porch made me think of Hurricane Katrina. When you stood on our porch with that same view you could not see that barricade or that fire hydrant because they were totally under water! We looked like we had lake front property! We have a deck at our back door that we go in and out of, and the water came to the bottom step of our deck, but you couldn't see our driveway.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Lulu looks fab in her new harness...those colors really suit her....she is a brave little munchkin to go into areas unknown :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts