Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first let me say Thanks for adding me to your site :p... I wnated to ask a question.. I have had LuLu sinceshe was 9weeks old and she's now 13 weeks.. her ears were down when I got her and a friend told me to massage her ears to help them stand..I dont know if I need to do that or not... will they stand on their own? and if so when? as you can see I haven't owned a chihuahua before.. but i love her to death already... thanks for any advice...

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Theoretically they should stand on their own but not all chis ears stand they also go up and down with teething but no there's no need to massage thrm

·
Registered
644 Posts
don't fret about it :)
Diefie came to us at 8 weeks old and his ears were already up and never flopped with teething.
were as little lady Atticus' ears are up one minute and crumpled down the next.
she looks just like Dobby the house elf when they're drooping. :D
all pups are different with their ears.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
If they are going to stand, they will eventually stand on their own. Normally by 6 months of age if it is going to happen. Teething and even stress can make them floppy as youngsters. I wouldn't massage her ears. That can actually make the cartilage softer, and keep them from standing.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
They will stand on their own. I have two little Chimonkeys and I never even heard about messaging their ears to help them stand. When I adopted Shayley she was the only puppy in her group that ears weren't up already so I guess all Chis are different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts