Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few days ago I noticed that Roxy has developed a little lump on her belly. We went to the vet on Friday and she booked as in for some more tests for tomorrow. It doesn't look like hernia, the muscles underneath are very strong and tight. My vet thinks that it's something to do with her mammary glands, her first heat (back in July and September) was bit all over the place. So tomorrow she is going to take a sample of it and it has to be sent to UK's laboratory, hopefully the result will come back before X-mas. As she is very young (1 year old) we hope it's nothing cancerous.

Has anybody ever experienced anything similar?
Please keep as in your thoughts :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw I'm sorry. She is very young though, like you said, so I'm sure she is fine. Good that you're having it tested though to be certain. I'll be keeping you and Roxy in my thoughts, please keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Wow she is very young for that! I just went through this with my baby. She had surgery to remove it and I got her spayed at the same time! (Thanks to the lovely ladies here that helped me out a lot!) I pray all goes well with you baby! I know exactly how you're feeling!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
We had an adoption cat who after her first heat cycle got a bunch of lumps/tumors on her chest, we sent on off to biopsy it came back as a 'hormonal hyperplasia'. We spayed her and it went away.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so much for keeping us in your thoughts :)

I brought her in this morning for the tests and the vet rang me after an hour to say that I can come and collect her. The moment she stuck the needle in the lump, some milk came out!!!! So it's a false pregnancy she is going through right now. I am so relived!!! I know false pregnancy is serious as well, but at least I know it's not a tumor or cancer etc.
She gave as some drops GALASTOP (cabargoline - does anyone knows what is that?) that I have to give her for the next six days. The nurse told me to give her 0.7 ml once a day, but after I gave it to her I looked at the box at it said 0.27 ml!!!!!!!! And then I read on the leaflet inside that it is 0.1 ml per kg weight (so it is 0.27 ml for Roxy, she is 2.7 kg)!!!! I can't believe she told me wrong and I can't belive that I didn't double check before I gave it to her!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh thank you :)

Rang the vets to double check about the overdose, she told me to give her plenty to drink and watch her closely for the next 24 hours.
*sight*

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I'm so happy that its just a false pregnancy and not something more serious. False pregnancies can be miserable though so I feel for you there. Hopefully the medication will work. The cabargoline is used here in the states to bring on a season, not to stop a false pregnancy. Not sure how that works. Glad you read the insert and caught the overdose your vet nurse prescribed. Hope she got in trouble for that! That was a 3+ overdose!

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Im so glad it was not cancer. Im so happy she is going to be ok

Glad you read the insert and caught the overdose your vet nurse prescribed. Hope she got in trouble for that! That was a 3+ overdose!
I was thinking the same thing I hope she got in trouble. That nurse could have killed her. :foxes15:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update from us:

Roxy is doing fine, third day on the medication an her lump is gone :) We have to go back to vets on Wednesday for a check up, I am going to talk to the nurse then as well about the overdose. Roxy threw up few times that evening, including all her dinner straight away after she ate it, I was very worried, but everything is fine now :)

Thanks for all the well wishes!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts