Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago I felt a grape sized lump on the back of Poppy's neck. It didnt hurt her and I left it to see if it was maybe a bite or similar, but today it was the same, so I took her to the vet. He said not to worry, that it was at the site of her last vaccination, that some dogs react like this and that it would go away in a week or two.
Has this happened to anyone else? My vet is sweet but I can hardly understand his english! I think he is a good vet because he has been spot on with everything else so far..he also said that he would recommend spaying Poppy at 8 months old...and finally...Poppy got weighed...she is now 1.8kg (about 3lbs 2oz)!! I cant believe it, she only weighed 1lb 5oz 10 weeks ago! :roll:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Wow Poppy is growing up fast! She hit the 3 lb. mark - YAY! :D

Lola also has a lump from her last vaccination and it has been there for almost 2 weeks. It is still visible and of course we can feel it too. I would say your vet is correct. Just keep an eye on it. If it isn't going away after a couple weeks, you could bring her back just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Dont know if anyone has been told this BUT when I got Bindi's last 2 shots I asked them to use the smallest needle they had and not only does she take the shot better but she has no problems later. The first shot she got the jerk did not do that and she was in pain during AND after.........

The 2nd shot the vet roughed up the spot too and that was good the third shot the tech made a point of lifting the fur up real good then rubbed it out.

Just thought I'd share :wave:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I have been reading a lot of health information on dogs trying to find some information on Koke's condition and I read that those lumps from the vaccinations can take up to 2 months to go away.
So if it doesn't go away in 2 weeks just give it a little more time.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone...its comforting to know that I am not the only one who has a lumpy dog! :D

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I really llike the Vet I'm using now! He is so gentle, and only gives 1/2 the amount in each injection. He never gives combination shots on Chi's because of their tiny size. So far so good! The fist shot Bruiser got made him sick and he was sore for two months! :( I was really "ticked" at that Vet.....he was kinda weird anyway.

Sandra

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Yup, Cooper had the same lumps and they lasted a long long time it seemed. Someone told me to kind of rub it each day and it's supposed to help it disappear, but I am not sure if that helped at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts