Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'd let you know that I'm in love with Chiwis daddy!!! He's such an adorable little man! I was going through some old posts and found a link to your breeders page and little Ziggy caught my eye :D He's just too cute for words! Her mummy is adorable too. With such good genes Chiwi's gonna be a heartbreaker when she grows up :) I posted here rather than pming you coz I think other people should get to see her cute papa, but I lost the link :oops: lol, maybe you could post it... Perhaps this could be a thread for our chis parents and littermates? I wish I had some of Ruby's mama and papa! I'd love to see anyone elses though!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
yeah i fell in love with him! he's such a tiny thing lol! but i don't recomend that breeder anymore. chiwi has developed knee problems at only 5 months of age and the only thing the breeder told me was it has never showed up in any of the past litters and to take out pet insurance :x here's a pic of chiwi's mom and dad (i've posted their pics before but since there are lots of new people here and they are great lookin chi's heck why not post them again! :D )

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aww, thats such a shame to hear, I vaguely remember you saying this. Ruby has had the same problem (luxating patellas I'm assuming) and has had one operation at around 8 months old. She's doing perfect now though and got over the whole thing incredibly quickly, now we're just waiting to see if the other one holds up. It is such a shame though, for one its not a nice thing for your puppy to have to go through, and it's also a lot of money, almost as much as the cost of the pup. But if they need it then they're worth it. I dont think the breeder can say it's NEVER happened because it's such a common problem, but lets just hope none of her breeding dogs have the problem, if so that's really irresponsible. Her pups are all so good looking though! if she hasnt done a good job keeping out herriditory problems she's done a good job keeping up the breed standard, now it's just really important for her to get the other side of the equation sorted! i hope your baby is doing ok (not that it even bothers them from experience, but there is the risk of arthritis developing...)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Ruby's Ma said:
Aww, thats such a shame to hear, I vaguely remember you saying this. Ruby has had the same problem (luxating patellas I'm assuming) and has had one operation at around 8 months old. She's doing perfect now though and got over the whole thing incredibly quickly, now we're just waiting to see if the other one holds up. It is such a shame though, for one its not a nice thing for your puppy to have to go through, and it's also a lot of money, almost as much as the cost of the pup. But if they need it then they're worth it. I dont think the breeder can say it's NEVER happened because it's such a common problem, but lets just hope none of her breeding dogs have the problem, if so that's really irresponsible. Her pups are all so good looking though! if she hasnt done a good job keeping out herriditory problems she's done a good job keeping up the breed standard, now it's just really important for her to get the other side of the equation sorted! i hope your baby is doing ok (not that it even bothers them from experience, but there is the risk of arthritis developing...)
yeah the vet said that there is still a small chance that she won't ever need the surgery on her knees but the way that right knee acts than arthritis is inevitable. i agree, her pups are really great looking (and to go into her house is so fun! there are like 20 chi's running around barking and trying to get you to pet them and only them lol. especially ziggy he was all about the attention! mom was a different story she wasn't so friendly hehe.) chiwi was a lot of money, i paid $1000 for her :? and she's got bad knees and the breeder didn't really show much concern over it. i don't kow i have a bad taste in my mouth when i think about it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, wow! that's a huge amount of money without some sort of first year health garuntee. Ruby was half that price, but prices are quite different here. It is really a shame to end up with that problem, but I always think that at least it's not a major life threatening problem and once it's fixed it's fixed for good. However it is something that breeders can take measures to avoid. Her house sounds so fun!! Everyone must fall in love with that lil guy!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Ruby's Ma said:
Yeah, wow! that's a huge amount of money without some sort of first year health garuntee. Ruby was half that price, but prices are quite different here. It is really a shame to end up with that problem, but I always think that at least it's not a major life threatening problem and once it's fixed it's fixed for good. However it is something that breeders can take measures to avoid. Her house sounds so fun!! Everyone must fall in love with that lil guy!
her website says she gaurantees the health of her pups from genetic defects/disorders. :? i guess her way of helping is to suggest pet insurance..... :eek:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if it says that shouldnt she be legally obligated to take responsibilty? Otherwise her website should be shut down. Luxating Patellas is a genetic defect. Garunteeing a puppies health means it's her responsibilty to do exactly that not just to recommend pet insurance unless she's willing to take it out and pay for it on the owners behalf! Maybe you should ask her to take down that statement from her site and if she wont then take her to small claims court... Something fishy is going on there

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
yeah i'm in the process of sending her a certified letter with the info from my vet and a copy of the statemnt taken from her site. i have a feeling this is going to be a long drawn out process.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Ruby's Ma said:
Yeah, it sounds that way! Good luck from me and Ruby
thanks from me and chiwi... by the way i have said this before about ruby and sophie, i hope chiwi turns out as stunning and beautiful as those 2. i'm horrible with names and can't remember who sophie's mama is though :oops:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Thank you for posting the pic's of chiwi's parents.....they are both beautiful...no wonder she is such a little doll.......I'm sorry that she is having trouble with her knee(s)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts