Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some random pictures of various days this fall.

First up: we took Lyra to a Halloween costume contest at the local PetPeople pet store. It was pretty fun, with Trick-or-Treating, 'bobbing for bones' and a pumpkin pie eating contest. Lyra went as a fawn, and she won 'Cutest Pet' in the contest!

The littlest fawn...

Lyra and another costume contest contestant

Everyone lining up for the costume contest

This has quickly become one of my favorite photos of Lyra

The rest are just pictures I shot around the house and yard (cont.):

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She blends into the leaves like a ninja!

Sitting in a spot of sunlight in the kitchen

Not sure why I like this one. She just seems to be looking off into the distance and thinking deep thoughts.

Cleaning Wren's eyes. So helpful! :p

Lyra and some more of the crew. I love how clear it is that she is the boss, here.

Enjoying Sunroom Sun

Caught her in a yawn!

Lyra and Sprite enjoy a piece of pizza... paper.

Lyra and Ichabod. I snapped these when they lay down in the exact same position and started cleaning their front feet at the same time.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Oh my GOSH, that is SO SO CUTE (her costume!!)...and so clever! LOL and Lyra isn't even a 'deer-head' but I think that's what makes her so irresistible. The other pictures were all really cute as well...but wow, makes me want an all fawn chihuahua so I can do this next year ;)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, flippedstars! I was pretty pleased with myself when I came up with the idea. Every time I took her out, someone would inevitably say 'She looks like a tiny little deer!'. And So I thought, well... why not? We used child-safe, water-soluble poster paint for the spots, and she didn't seem to mind having them on at all.

Did get a few people asking 'is that her coat color??' though. :lol:

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Lovely dogs! All 6 of them :) (did I count right?)
And Lyra's costume is so clever! I just had to show hubby the pictures, he thought it was brilliant!:p

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lyra is adorable! I love her costume, what a fabulous idea :D
Thanks so much!

Lovely dogs! All 6 of them :) (did I count right?)
And Lyra's costume is so clever! I just had to show hubby the pictures, he thought it was brilliant!:p
Yes, there are 6 in the photos. I have one other one who isn't in any of them. (Well, her tail is in one of the kitchen ones. ;)

Thank you very much. We had so much fun dressing her up and taking her out around Halloween!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Lyra is beautiful! I love her. So sweet and feminine.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fabulous photos and what a brilliant idea for a 'costume'
Thanks so much!

You have the most gorgeous group of dogs.!!!!!!! I love them ALL!!!! :love1:
Lyra is one of my fave chis. :daisy:
Aww, thank you. I love my little 'swarm', watching them interact is the best thing ever.

Lyra is beautiful! I love her. So sweet and feminine.
Thank you! I love Brody, especially the photos where he's got his tiny mouth wrapped around a ball! :toothy10:

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Oh wow, what an awesome costume!!! That is super clever! She is an absolute little doll!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Yes, there are 6 in the photos. I have one other one who isn't in any of them. (Well, her tail is in one of the kitchen ones. ;)

You have a very interesting mix of breeds, and they all look so sweet and content.
I'd LOVE to hear about how they came into your life, if you have time. :)
I don't know why but I have this funny feeling that there is an interesting story there. :p

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
...forgot to add...

I really like the new siggy! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts