Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went thru the drive thru at Mac Donalds this morning on our trip to town. Gadget was standing on Mark's lap looking out hte window when the lady in front of us yelled back and asked if we wanted another one? I looked at Mark funny ans said did she really say that? he said yes... then he put his head out the window and told the woman no.. we just want the one we have...

then we pulled up tot he window(where you pay) and the lady looked at Gadget and asked if she could have him? (she has asked me this everytime I have been there with him) I told her no but hte lady in front of us wanted to get rid of hers.. she ran up to the next window and asked the lady if she was serious...

not sure what the out come of this is going to be but I hope the very best for this unknown chihuahua....

now how could somebody just drive thru a drive thru and aks people if they want their dog?

·
Registered
615 Posts
LOL funny!

Once when I drove through the Wendy's Drive Through the woman at the cashregister asked if she was a Chihuahua (yep) and if she could see her (now I thought this meant get a better look at her by me holding her up) I held Amber up to the window and she GRABS Amber right from my arms and runs into the back where the cooking happens screaming "Hey, everyone look at this cute Chihuahua!!" I was kind of stunned and didn't know what to do. I tried calling for her...She did come back a inute later and hand her to me...I was just so happy to get her back safe and sound I drove to the next window without saying anything...But what was she thinking on so many levels?...including bringing a live animal in the area the food is made could have gotten her fired!

I have had sooo many offers for Amber. I brought her to the CT Pet Expo and got 3 offers...All little old women. The woman who babysat Amber once for me asked to keep her and was pretty disapointed when I said no. I think she really thought I was going to give her to her. Her younger sister always gets pets and has to give them away..Sorry but I keep and care for mine! And the guy who is moving all our furniture has 4 Chis and 1 is having babies (they will keep one making 5 now). He offered to take her if we wanted to give her up. (I am assuming because he knows we are moving out of state and lots of not so great people use that as an excuse to get rid of pets.)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Wow, I can't believe someone would just offer their dog to complete strangers at a drive thru! (No offense, I know your a wonderful chi mom :))

I have had 2 offers for Chico. The first was about 2 weeks after I brought him home. I was returning a bedroom set to a rent-to-own company (the darn wooden frame started to crack!) and while the guys were taking it apart in the bedroom, they saw Chico in the little closet i turned into a room for him. One of the guys came out of the bedroom and said "How about I just put down on this paper right here 'paid in full' for the bedroom set and you let me have the puppy." I looked at my friend who was over having coffee that morning and we both just laughed thinking he was joking. Come to find out, he was serious! :shock:

The second time was this lady who was at my mother in laws house. She saw Chico and just grabbed him out of my arms and started yelling "Oh my God he is so cute!" like right in his face. he started to get scared so my husband grabbed him away from her. She then asks "How much do you want for him?" I said "10 million dollars." :lol: She just looked at me for a minute confused and said "ooohhh, he's not for sale, right?" Well DUH!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I hope the chi baby who was offered to you is okay. Sheesh, I'll try and give them the benefit of the doubt that they knew the chi would be in a better place if he/she was with someone else.

·
Registered
481 Posts
wow!i luv hearing al your chi stories,keep them coming!
i cant believe people have the nerve to ask to have your chi?!what do they expect you to say!,'sure,have him for free,i wasnt that attatched to him anyway'i mean get real!
chis are very rare in the place i live in the uk and i have hardly ever seen a chi in the uk,i know people have them but i have only seen one which was a fairly big longhaired one so im surprized no ones ever asked for mine which is a very cute ,small short haired,sure people come up and stroke him but no ones asked to keep him!i dont think people are that straight forward in england!!!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
WOW

Blue moonz I think I would have flipped :shock:

Gadgets mom I certainly hope the outcome was a good one!! :D

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Blue Moonz, if someone ever grabbed Lily out of my arms I would totally freak out. How stupid could that girl possibly be??? :evil:

If Bill Gates handed me a blank check in exchange for Lily... I'd rip up that check in a heartbeat. Aside from the fact that Lily is literally "priceless" to me, I happen to believe she's a gift from God and you don't sell a gift from God.

Makes me feel good to know I have something that even the wealthiest person on the planet couldn't afford to buy. :wink:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
aw, i think the people with the other chi seen gadget with you and figured you were a knowledgeable chi person. i'm giving the benefit of the doubt here. only cause another chi owner knows what goes into having a chi and they felt comfortable that there's a forever home with someone that really knows the breed..... i get asked all the time if people can have chiwi. and if there are more like her where i got her from.... i tell them that chiwi is for sale however my 5 year old and I come with her :D and if they ask if there is more where she came from i say no they broke her mold at the chi factory she's one of a kind.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
they broke her mold at the chi factory she's one of a kind.
I may just use that line myself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you're right about the person who offered their chi to Gadget's mom. The girl I was offended by was the one who grabbed Amber. You don't grab someone else's dog right out of their arms, as I'm sure you would agree. In fact, I'd wager that if someone did that to Chiwi they'd soon be missing an arm. Or two. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
luv4mygirls said:
they broke her mold at the chi factory she's one of a kind.
I may just use that line myself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you're right about the person who offered their chi to Gadget's mom. The girl I was offended by was the one who grabbed Amber. You don't grab someone else's dog right out of their arms, as I'm sure you would agree. In fact, I'd wager that if someone did that to Chiwi they'd soon be missing an arm. Or two. :lol: :lol:
ah rach you know me soooo well hehehe.......

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Wow - that must have been frustrating. You're sitting there in the drive thu lane, and someone just grabs your baby right out of your arms! Sounds like that person is a few cards short of a full deck. Although, I'm not surprised. I don't know how other drive throughs are, but here in my area of Florida, the majority of the time, you can't even understand what they say through the speaker - they talk so fast, and slur their words together and it just sounds like gibberish!

Rach, I know what you mean. There isn't enough money in the world to buy Jasmine, 'cause she ain't for sale - period!!!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
all the money in the world isn't enough for Gadget.... I he is priceless too.

I would never be able to just walk up to somebody and hand them Gadget and say her take him he's yours...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts