Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we just got Macie friday night and it takes some time to get used to a new place with new fur-sisters. She eats just a tiny bit at a time. And somethimes I hand her a few pieces at a time. Is this normal? Bailey and Zoey always ate alot when they were pups.

Michelle

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Depends really,some are pigs like mine who will eat anything,other puppies i've had don't eat too much,how much does she eat at a time ???(spoonfull) don't forget they have little tummies.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends really,some are pigs like mine who will eat anything,other puppies i've had don't eat too much,how much does she eat at a time ???(spoonfull) don't forget they have little tummies.
She eats about a spoonful. But then doesn't eat for a while. I swear her tummy doesn't look at full as it did when we picked her up. Maybe it is the trauma from her leaving momma. I put a little water in her food to make it a little soft. Should I do that?

Michelle:confused:

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I shouldn't worry too much as long as she's eating and drinking(see how she is in a few days )and if you're worried take her to the vets for a check,is it dried food ? and is it the same as the breeder was feeding her ?I always put a little water in my old dogs dried kibble as he hasn't many teeth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts