Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My chi has a habit of going off into explosive mad outbursts of barking when she sees somebody go past the house, hears the delivery man, any visitors to next door, the dog along the lane barks, the phone rings etc. She also has these anger bursts of barking when someone gets up off the sofa or walks in/out the room or even just starts talking! She rages up and nothing will snap her out of it but once what's caused it has gone she's perfectly calm and sweet. How can I stop this and teach her to chill?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My chi has a habit of going off into explosive mad outbursts of barking when she sees somebody go past the house, hears the delivery man, any visitors to next door, the dog along the lane barks, the phone rings etc. She also has these anger bursts of barking when someone gets up off the sofa or walks in/out the room or even just starts talking! She rages up and nothing will snap her out of it but once what's caused it has gone she's perfectly calm and sweet. How can I stop this and teach her to chill?
hi, I don't know to much about that subject, but is she fixes? I heard that helps with males not sure about females. My little girl doesn't bark at anything. I wish she had a little bit of your babies spunk. Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes she's just recovering actually from being fixed as part of other surgery 2 weeks ago so she she's very tender and touchy. This barking behavior has been going on for a while though, she goes absolutely nuts if a visitor calls. I have to get her to stop, she's in danger of reopening her hernia stitches which the vet has told me will take two months to fully heal. She has to stay calm and not get wound up but it's almost impossible to stop her.​

1 - 3 of 3 Posts