Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the help of Trieste (quigley's mom) I made a carrier for Finn. I will be needing it in the upcoming weeks since i will be going to fall festivals and not letting him walk there.

Its a light denim fabric on the outside. It has a silverish sparkle to it , i love it. And the inside is a black flannel that says "woof" and has cute tiny dogs on it.
I'm very pleased with it and finn seems to like it too. :D
Thanks again to Trieste!! :) :hello1:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I love it! Well done!!! Are you carrying it around your neck only? Or does it just seem like in in the picture??

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I had it that way in the pic so it would should better. I will carry it on my shoulder across my check. It would kill my neck to carry it like that . haha ;)
haha thats what I thought... carrying it on your shoulder should be defo a lot more comfy :D. And Finn seems really comfy in it as well... snuggled all the way into it :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Awesome job! Finn looks adorable and comfy in his new carrier. :)

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Cheryl, Next time post your face too. LOL. The carrier looks fantastic! You did a great job. I know you said you wished it was a bit deeper. But I think it is perfect for Finn. His little head can pop out and see what is going on. The way the bottom dips theres no way he can easily jump out. Plus it has an attached leash inside for extra safety. I have several carriers for Quigley for different reasons. I use. This one works best for shopping in pet friendly crowds when you have a lot of walking to do. distributes the weight very well so your back and shoulders are not aching later. Plus you have both hands free. Next one I make I am going to put a pocket on the outside for necessities. I love mine!

Glad to help anytime. Looking forward to seeing the matching harness and leash!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
that looks great well done you, I have a blue fleece one like that, I got it off ebay. Tulula loves being in it, but Teddy doesn't, mind you teddy won't be picked up when we're out he hates it.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Wow! Looks awesome! I'm very impressed! Great job! Looks like Finn likes it as well!! :) so cute with his little head just popping out there! :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
We have seen pics of you and you are stunning!

Now I want a carrier sling and I do not sew!! I have a lady coming today to take my sofa cushions to re-slipcover. Apparently new slipcovers on cushions that are muslin and slip covered is supposed to be easy. Not if one does not sew.

I admire you talented girls!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you Karen.:) You could totally do it though. I do not sew and never had any training other than sewing in the 7th grade which i did NOT do well in. ;) lol I am just determined i guess and there are some great videos on the net for people just learning. I am just gonna keep on trying until I succeed.!! I am very happy with how the carrier turned out. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts