Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of the DIY doggie projects lately, I thought I would give it a try too. I'm not typically the type of person who has time to make things, I would usually rather just buy them, but I gave it a shot and wanted to share. It's definitely not perfect, actually it's pretty bad, lol.
I made my first doggy blanket out of microfiber fleece!! ;)
It's going to go on the inside of their soft carriers! I have enough to make one more, so hopefully that one will come out better and I will invest in scissors that can actually cut! Hahaha

It was a square, I'm not sure how it came out round?

The back side

Leo approves!! Lola looks like she is thinking about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
That's awesome! Did you use the tutorial I posted?

I made a bed this way before. Same principle, you just stuff it in the end.

Pige made Bella one like that, now she has competition! ;) hehe, seriously you did great.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you cut the squares out at the corners? If not that's why it's round probably.

Yes I did, which is why I don't know why it came out so funky? Lol. I didn't use regular fleece, I used microfiber fleece that has a lot of stretch to it, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I also LOVE the fabric.

You sound so much like me. I am not into making crafts. I did make one of these for Hope the first winter we had her. I was surprised how simple it was to make! It is a brown and pink damask pattern. I really like the owl pattern you chose.

Nicely done!

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's awesome! Did you use the tutorial I posted?

I made a bed this way before. Same principle, you just stuff it in the end.

Pige made Bella one like that, now she has competition! ;) hehe, seriously you did great.
Thanks LS, I tried my best but pidge's was way better than mine!! I didn't know you posted a tutorial! I showed my friend a pic of one I saw online and she told me they were easy to make so I looked on YouTube!

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you ladies! I knew you all could make me feel better about it! I bought it at JoAnn fabrics, I think they have those everywhere? I wish I made more things but I'm not good at it so it ends up being a waste of time and money. :(

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
If you just undo three or four knots, you can put old blankets or clothes inside to stuff it, and it makes a gorgeous bed! :)

Reactions: Zorana1125

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Thank you ladies! I knew you all could make me feel better about it! I bought it at JoAnn fabrics, I think they have those everywhere? I wish I made more things but I'm not good at it so it ends up being a waste of time and money. :(

How are you supposed to get "good" if you never practice?! ;)
Just buy cheaper fabric and experiment. :)

Besides, I think you did awesome for your first try.

Reactions: Zorana1125

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Reactions: Hollyg123

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
yay for owls :D i love joanns :) thats where i get my fleece at times but sometimes online :D hehe my blankets all come out round which i think looks better ;) great job! i had to take a break from makin more blankets like these just durin xmas (urs was the last LS) for now...it took a toll on my hands...made the skin peel of...the microfibers didnt play nice with me :( but i been havin fun makin the snuggle bags! :D atleast those i dont have to tie LOL :albino:

these blankets arent really that hard...its just really time consumin and bad for ur skin if u work with fleece as much as i do >.< remember i do awesome embroideries! LOL ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts