Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be adding photos to this as we recover :)

Day One
Surgery site...

Puppy in her cone - it's soft, but i'm worried she might be able to lick her incision if she's sitting the right way

That's all for today. Sorry for the low quality - camera was in the car and these were from my phone.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Oh Miss Madi you brave little girl! Your mommy is so happy to have you home with her. Try to rest baby girl and get lots and lots of loving and cuddles. Bless your little heart. Frankie can answer any questions you may have, he has had the same surgery. We love you!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Pam! It's just a scary thing right now. I worry she'll lick her wound, worry she'll try to walk too soon (she's already put weight on it a couple times for a second) worried she'll have to have the pin out...worried she'll get hurt while we sleep...

...ugh! Frankie is proof we get through this, though, right? :)

She's been very snuggly and cuddly tonight. Slept most of the night. I'm thinking it's partly the pain meds she's on :)

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Em, Frankie came home looking the same. I was surprised they didn't wrap a bandage around it. He always sleeps with us and we still put him in bed with us anyway. Neither one of us moved the entire first night for fear we would hurt him. He slept most of the first nite, meds I guess. We had to take him to his pee pad the first couple of days to help him. It is amazing how quickly they adapt and get around with only one good leg. Bless her little heart...

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Poor Maddie and poor mommy. I am so thankful she is home and have you to care for her during her recovery. I understand all the worries you have and will be praying for both of you. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
737 Posts
Here's to a quick an healthy recovery, get well soon little one!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Madi - we love you and hope you feel better soon! Get well soon sweet girl!

Love, Tracy and Brody

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Take her back to the vets and tell them you want a bandage put on, if they try to refuse demand, demand and demand lol

1 - 20 of 69 Posts