Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya, this is my first post, i have a little chi girl who is 5 1/2 months old, i was slowly teaching her to toilet out side, and it got to the point where there were no accidents in the house but i was taking her out to potty all the time. the thing is we have now moved house, been here a week, and have had so many accidents...poos and wees by the front door. i do still take her out all the time, but i hake her out via the bag door. she never makes a sound not even when she needs to potty. i dont know what to do. she is happy to do outside, so thats not the issue. she is sneeky and i have run out of ideas. please please help me. xxxx tammy xxxx

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
moving can be stressful,she's probably confused i think i would start by putting pads down again at the back door once she starts using them you can watch for the sign and quickly get her out in the garden

·
Registered
602 Posts
When we moved with my family dog, we sort of had to teach her as if she didnt know, start from scratch, but she always picked it up faster than the very 1st time.

upload some Pic's of the lil one! We love Photos!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm sure you already do, but make sure that when she goes potty outside, you heavily praise her and give her a treat that she doesn't normally get. My puppy is almost 5 months old and she has been doing pretty good for the most part, although, like your dog, she doesn't give me a signal that she needs to go, so I take her out very frequently. She always pees outside, but had been having poo accidents. But we have been accident free for 3 days now!!! I heavily praise her and give her a little peanut butter as a treat, and she only gets that when she goes potty outside. Really make a big deal out of it and your pup should remember the proper place to go potty.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hiya, litterally as i am reading your replies, my pup scratched at the back door (first time ever) i let her out and she pooped and weed!!! im so proud of her. hopefully things have turned a corner!!. i have put newspaper down by the front door so if she does do a sneeky its not on the carpet. I just worry cause rou read that some chi's get the pooping in the garden thing relativly quickly, and me boyfriend is getting a bit tired of it. slowley but shorly. i wil uplaod a pic of my baby as soon as i can. thankyou all for getting back to me. i will keep you posted!! Tammy xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts