Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leila has been having alot of peeing accidents in the house. And not just since finn came.
Last night she jumped randomly onto my son who was in the chair and peed all over him ! He hadn't said a thing to her, he was playing a vid. game. This morning she did a pee trail that was probably 10 ft long. :mad:
I am taking her to the vet this week to see what is going on. ANyone had experiences like this??? Im pulling my hair out!:foxes15:

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I wonder if she has an infection? That isn't normal at all. I hope the vet can get to the bottom of it. I'm sure it's frustrating!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Whenever Gretel started having a hard time holding it the vet told me to watch how many treats she was getting since most are high in sodium and can antagonize that.

Could be an infection too like Tracy said.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
My roommate's pug leaves long winding pee trails. But that's age incontinence...she's older than dirt. My roommate also has a pug puppy, who once or twice has leaped up onto the lazy boy and peed on it. But the Vet put that down to puppy behavior because there is no related health issue.

Really it sounds like Leila has some kind of health issue. A UTI would manifest that way, as one thing that immediately comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
UTI or possibly spay incontinence? Have you noticed her squating to pee a lot or having to go more often?

If she goes when sleeping ever I'd say u may have an incontinence issue possibley. Do you have any more details?

·
Registered
946 Posts
My 1st little boy was doing great with his potty training and then poof...he started randomly peeing trail. Sometimes bedwetting too, and having to go more often. I figured UTI and took in urine sample which proved positive. Now all is good. FYI: whenever any of my dogs get pee issues I give them ACV (apple cider vinegar--organic unfiltered) and it really helps if you catch things early. Also, if it is a mental thing, Bach Flowers are really great. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Sounds to me like a uti then, your doing the right thing taking her in.

Hope your carpets survive this

1 - 9 of 9 Posts