Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chloe my 2 year old Chihuahua is making snoring sounds while she is awake. It just started not too long ago. What could be making her do this?? She is also having a hard time breathing, could this be a wieght problem??

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
hummm~ dexter makes snoring sounds sumtimes when hes awake too...not sure what it is but sounds totally normal to me. as for the having a hard time breathing...what kind of sound is it? dogs like chihuahuas tend to have a hard time breathing and snore more because the shape of their muzzle

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a really heavy breathing sound. It sounds like her nose is plugged but I can't see anything in her nose. Sounds like she can't breath through her nose, just her mouth.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Its a really heavy breathing sound. It sounds like her nose is plugged but I can't see anything in her nose. Sounds like she can't breath through her nose, just her mouth.
well if she is overweight then that could be that. have u tried lookin in youtube for videos of how other overweight dogs sound like? :) youtube is so nice and helpful at times

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Sully is a bit overweight but snores when awake even though her breathing is fine, its usually when she is so relaxed, she falls asleep not long after.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hummm~ dexter makes snoring sounds sumtimes when hes awake too...not sure what it is but sounds totally normal to me. as for the having a hard time breathing...what kind of sound is it? dogs like chihuahuas tend to have a hard time breathing and snore more because the shape of their muzzle

wow soooo cute and nice!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.