Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Red is being fantastic as well as darned clever...

For two days Friday and Saturday mornings, when I came downstairs I expected a mess only to find the floor of the crate and the pad completely dry and clean, I put Red and Jake out in the garden and Red did the deeds on the grass. This morning Sunday.. there was the usual mess but I did put Red to bed early at 9am and I never got up till 8am so who could blame the little lad.

Then today I put him outdoors after his dinner, I went into the kitchen and looked out to see Red on the grass pooping, I immediately went and made a huge fuss of him which he enjoyed.

As for his cleverness, he learnt to push and push and push on the crate panel until there was just enough room for him to squeeze through. I never clipped them together, however I put a stop to that only to find he learnt to loosen one of the velcro fasteners which with him being small he could again squeeze through so now I have to find something to stop that. He's not as daft as he looks lol

The only thing I need to work on is his cowering, he thinks he is gonna get told off all the time and cowers, he has done this since day one.. gotta really make him feel more secure, safe and loved.

Deme x

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Awe, good boy pottying where you should, Red.

They are clever little things...3 of our 4 can get out of their crates somehow. They are always in the bed in the AM. ;)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Red don't be scared your mum is just gonna love u poor baby!
He sounds like lotus with his temperement she's scared of a lot and not really very confident although it's improving

He'll get there with the toilet training has he starting marking yet? As you wanna try get him sorted before then or you'll be tearin your hair out!

Smart cookie getting out that would have been funny to watch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts