Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi-my husband and I have a teenager, a young adult and 2 chihuahuas. We love them all but at our age and with the 'kids' close to or having left, the babies are our chis. Literally to both of us. I don't need to tell anyone what they mean..... They both sleep on their blankies and are cuddled literally every spare moment and we each know what each chi means to the other.

So these special babies have had a lot of responsibility while being spoiled. We both work overnight and many times end up taking one or the other with us. We take them to the park and walks almost every day. But I have an illness with some very harsh medications that sometimes take their toll. Some days my babies will want a walk as normal or want to feel important but will stay with their very pitiful, no fun owner being sick rather then my husband; working and letting them go for walks on the lake. They will whine when he tries to take them outside for their walk, will stick to me literally never leaving my side and will get agitated when all I can do for them is be sick. My family knows their importance then and believe me when I say I feel that deeply-the love these two give to me in my worst moments is beyond anything and helps me many times get through some very hard moments. They change our lives.

My husband and I have two birthdays of these very special 2 and 3 year olds-we want to give them something most meaningful and realistically happy to our chihuahuas. We always take them to the parks, get them gourmet treats and they have their own blankies and toys; it's important to us to give them a day that is for them only. Any suggestions at all will be really appreciated.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Wow!! Actually the party is for YOU!!! They could care less, as you have a party for them every day!! Walks by a lake, lots of cuddles, blankies etc!!! I suppose you could make a little doggie cake for them/or buy one! A few extra cookies/treats and they'd be good! Have fun!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I agree with Susan! The best day for my girls would be to spend every second with us...preferably in the car going to ANYWHERE! We can and would give them just about anything, their preference is cuddling and going in the car. They just want to know that they are with us with no interruptions.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right (smile). We were actually just thinking where it would be different to take them but I don't think even that matters as they just want to be with us outside; doggie treats not so bad to add.......(smile). they don't care what day it is and don't need to understand-so we do it like every day with a couple new toys and a day alone with each one. Thanks again for the invaluable help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts