Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BAD

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a male chi who is 7 months now. I was always after a smooth female and know the chance has come up! the only problem is I dont want my male neautered as I would like the chance to stud him. Is there any chance I can keep a male & female? There is the possablitly (if shes a nice size etc) that I would consider breeding, so I don't really want her done. How could I keep a male & female without them :roll: all the time?

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
you would have to keep them seperated - are they both of breed standard to be bred qand free from health problems etc ? good luck :wave:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I HAVE BOTH A MALE AND FEMALE AND NEITHER OF THEM ARE SPAYED/NEUTERED..JUST WHEN TIME COMES WHEN THE FEMALE GOES INTO HEAT KEEP THEM SEPERATED WHICH ISNT LONG AT ALL..OR JUST SUPERVISE THEM WHEN THEIR PLAYING LIKE I DO :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks for the helpful info! I will have to see about the female (like her size etc. to see if she will be healthy enough to have pups) but my male chi is a good speciemen (his been vet checked etc) and to my surprise it was actually the vet who suggested studding him.
A breeder told me that when you use a chi as a stud dog, at 12 months you have to register them? Is this true? Im also a little confused about when they can start studding. I have also been told tey can start as soon as there testicles desend, but then another said dont start until about 18 months (personally id never consider studding at 7months).
I am obviously going to 100% study about studding, breeding etc. before I do so. I am also going to look into showing.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I think a heat last approximately 2 weeks, with 1 week being a possible time your chi can get pregnant. Id look it up on the internet or id recommend the book "book of the bitch" you can buy it on amazon. Your gona have to be very careful for the first two years, as the female could get pregnant but would be too young. Also becareful because the female could have a heat without you noticing, sometimes the first heat can be very light and the female can clean herself so you wont notice.
mia
x

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I'm possibly going to have one of each as of December sooo I get the fun of keeping them apart lol. As long as you're carefull durring seasons I was told everything should be ok

1 - 8 of 8 Posts