• Females

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both the same

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Both my boys have been very clingy and love to be picked up and carried around all the time and generally just fussed 24/7, I've noticed girls arent quite sooo dependant but I guess I'll learn at the end of the year how different they are lol.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I do not know if this goes for all Chi's but my daughter and I both have 3 month old Chi's and her male is MUCH more clingy and affectionate than my female. My female, Bijou, likes to 'party' :eek:ccasion1: :eek:ccasion9: and Chico likes to get as many snuggles and kisses as he can :love7:

·
Registered
718 Posts
I can't even walk into the next room without Diego following me. He whines when I'm in the shower. He literally needs to be within 2 feet of me at all times. I love it, but he is definitely very clingy!! i don't know about female chi's though.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I have two boys and Buster is super clingy and Mr. Peepers is not. :lol: So I believe, the personality determines that, not the sex. :wink:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its interesting how in the vote no ones voted for females being more clingy.
I think i may have to get a little boy chi soon, that way maybe keeks will get jealous and pay me more attention aswell, humph! :D
mia
x

·
Registered
117 Posts
JOLIE'SMOM said:
I have never really thought about this until this poll but thinking back over the years, it always seemed to be the male that picked the one person in the family to be crazy about even though he liked everyone in the family. :)
Thats the way my Teddy is! He loves me to death and cries when I leave him, but he likes everyone else too.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I voted males, just because Taco is pretty clingy towards me. He likes everyone, but I'm his special person. He's wants to be by me always. I really don't know how females are, as I've never had one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
:wave: Having both male and female Chi's, I have to say that it depends on the personality. All of mine are clingy, some way more than others. I learned a lesson when I got Zoey. My friend told me she was the most active of the three and she pestered her mother to no end (she still does) and I find her to be super independent, not clingy at all although she will whine for attention. Misha is super clingy and only with me. When I bought her, I didn't think to observe her personality. Thinking back, she was super timid and tried to hide under the couch when we tried to pick her up. I don't love her any less but it makes a difference. If I was to pick out a pup now, I would go for the outgoing one, male or female.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Mo is pretty independent, but definitely likes his cuddle time. He is very outgoing with new people and animals and greets everyone with kisses :love7: . My other female dogs (non chis) are different. The Keeshond is outgoing, likes people, but not cuddling. The Shepherd is a baby, suspicious of new people and animals, very clingy, and thinks she is a 100lb lap dog. :roll:

So I'd have to agree that it just depends on their personality...not so much their sex.

·
Registered
854 Posts
My Emma loves to be cuddled and patted but Eddy is my sucky Mommas boy! He won't sit with anyone but me ( sometimes with Dad but mostly if I'm not home) and I can't take him to the vet without having him surgically removed from my arms practically.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I think it depends on the individual pet. I really don't think the sex has a lot to do with it. Jazzy is very loving and affectionate, but is not necessarily a "one person" chi. When one of my grand daughters comes to spend the nite, she will abandon her mommy to go sleep with them - the little stink. :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts