Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. i have a little time today and i said awhile ago i would start posting the cookie recipe's that i have gotten vet approved and pooch approved by some of the dog's i used to have board in the kennel. i named a few of the cookies after my fav pooches ;) check this thread often as i will be adding new recipe's almost daily......

i have one thing to ask, please if you have a homemade cookie recipe please don't post it in this thread. all the ingredients and recipe's i have ever made have been vet approved and tested and i am 100% sure of them.....

i call these Elenore's Dog Cookies (elenore was 14 year old great dane mix that had problems with crunchy biscuits, her teeth and gums were bad but she was too sickly to be put under for a dental, she loved these cookies)

3 jars baby food (the first stages chicken or beef flavor was the top 2 flavors) jars are 2 1/2 ounces each

1/4 cup dry milk powder

1/4 cup cream of wheat

preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well
roll into small balls and place on well greased cookie sheet.(flatten the balls slightly with a fork spoon or even your finger)
bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes until brown
cool on wire rack.

these should be refridgerated to keep fresh and they can also be frozen....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kane's anti-flea dog biscuits (kane was a mean mean dog that no one could get next to and he came to board one day with fleas, we didn't know he had them until we seen them crawling on his blankets when he was outside. since no one could get near him to check him over before he came in.)

*note these will not replace your monthly flea and tick preventative but garlic has been linked to aid in flea control. and some may argue that garlic is bad for them but like i said ALL my recipes are vet approved.

2 cups unbleached flour

1/2 cup wheat germ

1/2 cup brewers yeast

2 cloves garlic (minced)

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 cup chicken stock

preheat oven to 400 degrees F. in a mixing bowl combine garlic and oil. slowly flour, wheat germ and brewer's yeast and chicken stock into oil and garlic. beat well until the dough is well mixed.

shape dough into a ball. on lightly floured surface roll out dough to 1-2 inches thick. using cookie cutters or knife cut out shapes. transfer shapes onto lightly gresed cookie sheets. bake in preheated oven for 20-20 minutes or until well browned. turn off heat and allow biscuits to dry in oven for several hours.

refridgerate to keep fresh and they can also be frozen......

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Vajrayana's Delights (vaj was one of my fave dogs, he had such a high energy personality he's a tibetan terrier)

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

1/2 cup nonfat powdered milk

1/2 teaspoon sugar

pinch of salt

1 egg

1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules

1/2 cup hot water

in a large bowl dissolve boullion in hot water. cool to room temperature. add remaining ingredients. knead until dough forms a ball. roll dough until 1/2 inches thick. cut into shapes using cookie cutter or a knife. bake on lighly greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ozzy&Lily'sMom said:
yum yum :lol:
as you can see all the ingredients are ok for people to eat lol...... and they are so easy to make! i know there's been a lot of debate about ingredients lately and i thought i should hurry up and get these up.... no decaying animals in my ingredients lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Im going to make a pretty pup recipe book, and put the recipes that you are posting, and of course put that it was your creations. :wave: .

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xKoozex said:
Im going to make a pretty pup recipe book, and put the recipes that you are posting, and of course put that it was your creations. :wave: .
lol you should see what my recipe's look like. it's a mess lol. they are all stapled together and some have crusty old biscuit mix on the pages lol. i should redo them and get them laminated hehe....

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have 2 cake recipe's but i'm out of time today sorry!!! check back tomorrow i'll have at least one of them posted i promise!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
birthday cake

i have some time (the things you can do while waiting for the hair dye to set ssshhh don't tell anyone)

1 1/2cups all purpose flour

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 cup soft butter

1/2 cup corn oil

1 3.5 ounce jar stage one meat baby food (most dogs preferred the beef
and chicken)

4 eggs

2-3 strips of doggy jerky (like pupperoni)

preheat oven to 325 degrees F. grease and flour loaf pan. cream butter until smooth. ass corn oil, baby food and eggs. mix until smooth. mix dry ingredients into mixture making sure there are no lumps. crumble doggy jerky and fold into batter. pour into loaf pan bake 1 hour 10 minutes. cool on wire rack 15-20 minutes and ice with plain yogurt or cottage cheese.

(i have an icing recipe somewhere i can't find it though! it was basically plain yogurt with mashed bananas and a couple other ingredients, hmmmm if i can think of it..... but dog's loved the plain yogurt or cottage cheese too)

cake 2 (owners and pups can enjoy this one)

2/3 cup mashed bananas

1/2 cup softened butter

3 large eggs

3/4 cup water

2 cups unbleached white flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 teaspoons cinnamon

preheat oven 350 degrees F. in mixing bowl beat mashed banana and butter until creamy add eggs and water. beat well. stir in dry ingredients beat until smooth. spoon batter into greased and foured bundt pan bake about 35 minutes. cool on wire rack.

refridgerate any unused portions for both cakes......

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whoa i just finished the cake recipes and my icing recipe fell out of my cook book!

2 cups mashed banana

1 tablespoon butter

6 tablespoons carob powder

2 tsp vanilla

3 tablespoons unbleached flour

1 teaspoon cinammon

blend ingredients together until creamy and spread on cookies, or cakes.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Iamafairy said:
I think tht would be a great idea!!!!!!! :p

Oh one more thing whats corn oil??? lol we need a translator on board!!!!!!!!!!
it's like vegetable oil, olive oil ect only it's corn oil...... you could probably use vegetable oil....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts