Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Can a dog have mange without experiencing hairloss. Ori has been shedding a lot, but no bald patches. I just noticed one small red bump just above her mouth, but she jumped out of her bag today and could have hit herself on the ground. I'm confused! Also, she is going to stay with a carer for the next 5 days as we are taking vacation. If it's mange wouldn't that have to be treated right away? I also feel bad sending her to someone if I know she is sick... Help - what would you do?

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
If she is just shedding alot I wouldn't think it's mange. Usually the reason people get their dogs checked is because they notice bald spots.
If she's acting normal I wouldn't think it's anything to worry about at this time.
The bump could be anything, I would just keep an eye on it.
Five days isn't that long, just tell the people that are going to take care of her about the bump and have them check it daily. Can you call and check on her while your away?

·
Registered
24 Posts
:D

you can never really be sure if your dog has mange until you take him/her to the vet to get a scraping.

now as for the bump it could be anything it could be an hair that isn't growing in properly adn is irritating the skin or it could be a bug bite. I would personaly keep an eye on it and if it gets any worse then I would scedual a pointment with the my vet and get it checked out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts