Chihuahua People Forum banner

Many Tears Dog Rescue - England/Wales

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Wicked Pixie 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Please can i just advertise a dog rescue in the UK. They do such great work, and have dogs being fostered all over the country.

They have so many dogs needing forever homes, they frequently have Chi's and Chi crosses on there (they've currently got 2 x Chi/Jack Russells).

Many Tears Dog Rescue

Unfortunately, they wont let me adopt because of my working hours - they know me, so i cant lie to them! My step-mom does some of their home-visits, she has rescued 4 ex-breeding cavs from there aswell.

Thanks for looking!

#3 ·
Ridiculous isnt it! I could give a little dog such a happy home, but because i work more than 6 hours a day, i cannot adopt!

Honey only spends 4 hours alone, 4 days a week, i have friends and family that help me out. I have told them this, but they were quite insistent on the point.

#10 ·
I know ladies, its madness! As much as i love the rescue, i wish they would change their policy! Surely its just telling people to go and buy another pup, rather than rescue an older dog that needs a home! I would love for Honey to have a little play-mate, they'd have a fab time i'm sure!

#11 ·
I worked for the Canine Defence League many years ago (now Dogs Trust) and it was ridiculous how many perfectly good homes were turned down for petty reasons such as working hours, having children or not owning their own home.
The local rescue here is so anti-breeding that they won't let me adopt ANYTHING (I wanted a ferret as a companion to my old rescue boy, and they are always over run with ferrets) because I breed guinea pigs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.