Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my chi coco has become very un toilet trained,he is 6 months old but still is doing poos in the house even after ive takin him out,he is also weeing on chairs,clothes ect but not a proper wee,just like when cats mark their territory.
how can i train coco not to so this?
thank you
xxx

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
he may be teething?? they act pyscho when that happens (IMHO) but other than that you may have to contain him to catch him....make sure you are cleaning it up with Natures Miracle or similar products. They will go thru several rebellious stages too...just like our skin kids :shock:

lots of old threads on this thru search :)

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I agree with Vic it could be teegthing - also boys will start marking at this age it is best to get him neutered (unless you plan to stud) before it gets worse :wave:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
He may need more training in house breaking. Start from scratch again. ANd if he is not going to be nuetred any time soon get him belly bands they work wonders!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mr Big did exactly that at about six months. He was clean early on and went in the garden every time to go to the toilet, then at six months, all his hormones kicked in and he had to mark everything in the house! He knew it was wrong, but would still do it religiously. We had him neautered at seven months, and he NEVER did it again, not even straight after the op :)

Best thing to do unless you really are intent on breeding from him, it really cures the problem. Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
anyone who intends to stud should be doing it to better the breed not to sell puppies nor give kids and education. Just because you purchase an AKC dog does not make it breedable! and the only way to know this is if you show then you can learn the standards the faults the genetics,etc. Just because a dog has Champ lines in its pedigree does not make it breedable even champs have faults, champs dont always throw champ puppies. these lines have to be bred in it doesnt happen over night. so dont be misled becasue some one says they have a champ or a dog with champ lines if that were the case and the dog was a champ they wouldnt be selling to the public! they would be selling their pet quality pups that have no use in the ring that have defects or many faults. Buyer beware you will never get a show dog or pup from a show breeder unless you show, prove you show and trust me they will investigate they dont hand their animals over to anyone. Any pup acquired from a show breeder as a pet will only be sold with a spay and neuter contract.

·
Registered
175 Posts
janiebabes said:
anyone who intends to stud should be doing it to better the breed not to sell puppies nor give kids and education. Just because you purchase an AKC dog does not make it breedable! and the only way to know this is if you show then you can learn the standards the faults the genetics,etc. Just because a dog has Champ lines in its pedigree does not make it breedable even champs have faults, champs dont always throw champ puppies. these lines have to be bred in it doesnt happen over night. so dont be misled becasue some one says they have a champ or a dog with champ lines if that were the case and the dog was a champ they wouldnt be selling to the public! they would be selling their pet quality pups that have no use in the ring that have defects or many faults. Buyer beware you will never get a show dog or pup from a show breeder unless you show, prove you show and trust me they will investigate they dont hand their animals over to anyone. Any pup acquired from a show breeder as a pet will only be sold with a spay and neuter contract.
But what about those of us who want pets? If everyone only bred them to obtain show dogs how would we get pets we just want to love and don't care about perfection. Many of the breeders charge $3,000.00+ for their "perfect" dogs. And when they aren't perfect they still charge close to $1,000.00. They keep average owners from being able to afford a loving Chi that they want to give a loving home. I'm so happy I found Punky. Her breeder bred all her puppies for pets because the parents were so great. She called them sweethearts. Is that wrong?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I dont know where you are getting your chi's but no pet quality chi even from ethical people that show are 3000. the chis sold by those breeders are pet quality and if you are paying that kind of money for a pet chi you are shopping in the wrong places.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What? This board wouldnt exist if people only bought their chi's from show breeders. :lol: I personally got mine from a show breeder because I planned on showing, but didn't due to grad school. I also plan to breed, even though I don't show my chis. I'm just working up the nerve--very nervous as i'm sure everyone is when they breed--escpecially with chihuahuas. But my breeder gave me my chi(for a hefty price :shock: ) since I planned on showing, and there was no spay/neuter contract involved. I read on these posts that you breed, but you never mentioned showing??

·
Registered
175 Posts
janiebabes said:
I dont know where you are getting your chi's but no pet quality chi even from ethical people that show are 3000. the chis sold by those breeders are pet quality and if you are paying that kind of money for a pet chi you are shopping in the wrong places.
Just an example but not where I got Punky is www.divapups.com this is one from The Breeders Network.
I don't even know why some of their Pups are more expensive than others????

·
Registered
58 Posts
punky, this has been my experience too. I couldn't even find a chihuahua for under 1000 where i live. I actually used a service that sends you to breeders homes, so you pay the breeder and the service a fee.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
mark1010 said:
I read on these posts that you breed, but you never mentioned showing??
I do no t breed and
I am presently with a club and will be showing as soon as I get my showbaby :). Divas chis thats is NOT a reputable breeder!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
If you are looking for a reputable breeder please dont hesitate to ask, if any have pups available i will inform you. I do not advertise much unless someone has a pup. Please dont do searches for show breeders or breeders of the breed you are looking for. That is your first mistake. Either contact your local sheleter or rescue for the breed or contact a local Akc club in you local to get referals as to who has what breed you are looking for. Even the akc site has people listed that are unethical only because these people have a registered dog as AKC so they get to list or post.

·
Registered
175 Posts
janiebabes said:
I just clicked on the link at the top of this forum "tea cup puppies" the puppies are from $1600 to over $3000

1 - 20 of 22 Posts