Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bosco is 14 months old and never used to mark...but maybe 6 months ago, he started marking in my parents living room, so we have always baby-gated it off when we went to visit. Well now, over the past 2 weeks, he has started marking in their sunroom (where we ALWAYS hang out in). What is up with him starting to mark so late? And is there any way to correct the behavior? We yell and pull him away as soon as he starts, but he doesn't seem to be catching on...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Boogaloo said:
Bosco is 14 months old and never used to mark...but maybe 6 months ago, he started marking in my parents living room, so we have always baby-gated it off when we went to visit. Well now, over the past 2 weeks, he has started marking in their sunroom (where we ALWAYS hang out in). What is up with him starting to mark so late? And is there any way to correct the behavior? We yell and pull him away as soon as he starts, but he doesn't seem to be catching on...

Any help is greatly appreciated!
I never used them personally but what about those belly bands? I heard they deter marking because when the dog tries, he gets his tummy wet and they don't like that...supposedly it works...do you know what I'm talking about? LOL...sometimes I overexplain and lose people... :lol:

http://www.heartoftexasgreyhounds.com/bellyband.htm

Maybe someone else has tried these on their studly boys?? :D

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL Don't worry, I followed you just fine. THANKS! I have heard of those belly bands before. Maybe it is worth a shot!

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
he has time left to act out...........he is still young, I know why Kemo started marking, it was due to the addition of Bindi and she was allowed to go PP in the house, I crated him when I caught him in the act and he hated that as Bindi had our undivided attention. He straighten up shortly after that, so maybe try crating him......

oh no that is right you dont crate :( there goes that idea.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Marcus marks everything outdoors but after trying it once and getting swatted with the dreaded empty envelope he quit marking in the house. Of course he knows Mommy is mad when I get out an empty envelope cause I've only used it on him three times in the six months we've had him.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Tinker said:
Marcus marks everything outdoors but after trying it once and getting swatted with the dreaded empty envelope he quit marking in the house. Of course he knows Mommy is mad when I get out an empty envelope cause I've only used it on him three times in the six months we've had him.
Empty envelope, that is so funny! :lol: Chi's are so sensitive aren't they? :wink:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
those belly bands are fantastic! but you cant leave it on 24/7 I wouldnt anyways. I put Sturgis' on after i let him out in the am. I take it off every time i let him outside that can be several times a day. If he is on sofa with me its off but always within my reach when he gets up to get off sofa and romp with Lady and Daytona goes back on. at night when i put him to bed its off. he is so good with allowing me to put it on and keeping it on himself. he hasnt tried to rip it off.

I got mine on ebay buy 3 get one free chose designs i wanted total 13 dollars deliverd to my door. the ones i use dont have the polyester or absorbent fiber in them i use womans very thin sanitary napkins Always to be exact lol with wings. Im in heaven!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Seren said:
lol me and Sturgis use the same brand :lol:

Oh my lol he uses the extra long or is it night time? hmmm i know its thin & wrapped in light green it goes across the whole band :wink

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I think I need to get me some of those. Ritz has marked every single curtain in my house. They are brand new and cost me good money!! :evil: Only thing is, he goes pee on the pads inside and he's not trained like Sadie to pee on command. I don't want him to stop using the pads becuase he tries to pee and he has the band on. :?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I'm not sure how to help you.. but I have a funny story for you...

LAst night Amanda was sitting her doing her home work... She set her books and her papers on the floor next to the chair and this morning she got up took her shower got dressed wetn into the livingroom to get her homework and she noticed Gadget peed on the pile of books and papers...

I keep telling them they can't leave anything on the floor.. He will mark it every time... Had to laugh....

Thank god he had only gotten the corner of the papers so she let it dry and off to school she went...

Now she can actually tell her teacher he peed on her homeworkk..

you know the old saying "I don't have my homework because the dog ate it" hehehehehe

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have never known about peeing on command. Having the pad should not be a problem watch the first week with band when he heads to paper remove it when he steps off paper put it back on. give it a shot im telling you its a blessing who woulda knew! a piece of material with velcro hmph!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts