Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jewel had a sudden epiphany about two weeks ago and decided the leash is a fun thing. She has been joining the others for a portion of their walk. Also, I took her to her first handling class last Wednesday. She did very well around other dogs (didn't bark once or appear fearful), did not poop or pee in the ring, walked the ring and stood on the table semi-stacked. The "practice" judge made her a bit nervous on the table (touching her) but overall she had a great start to class. I'm very proud of her. She turned 15 weeks yesterday.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a cutie!!!

I'm hoping my little Pirate will master her leash soon! Any tips you care to share?? I'd love to hear them!
Hahaha, I got these tips from Huly....put the leash on and let them drag it around. Place treats in front of them if they are resistant to move. When they master this, hold the leash very, very loosely so it sags. Lure them again with a trail of treats. Take it slow, repeat daily (stop if they get frustrated). It also helped when I had one of my other dogs with her also on a leash because she wanted to follow them.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Yay Jayda & Jewel. :) You're going to have so much fun with her. It's great that she's not fearful of the other dogs at all. Keep us updated with your adventures with her.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts