Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there who knows anything about mating Chihuahua's? I have a male and female and my female is in heat. I need to know how long I should keep them together and what is the best time of her heat to be with the male? I would also like to find out how long before she starts showing signs of being pregnant? I would welcome any information or links.... THANKS

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
shouldn't you have gotten all this info before she went into heat, when you first thought about breeding?

i'm glad that you are asking now but if i was going to breed (which i do plan to but not chi's and not anytime soon) i would soak up all the information i would ever need before my bitch even cme into my house....

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I would definately leave it this season and by a good breeding book and get advice from a breeder in your area - also get your dogs assessed to see if their correct and too standard and also remember only to breed if your dogs have something to better the breed :wave:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I would take the advice offered from the other ladies...I have just had an email from the breeder we got Bella from...she is very knowledgeable and experienced and one of her chi's had to have an emergency c-section last evening......Would you know what to do ? I wouldn't and I'm a nurse. Knowledge is the key to successful breeding and you need to be very knowledgeable before you start for the safety of the mom and the babies.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I agree - I had considered breeding Jasmine when I first got her. But after reading all I could find online and talking to my vet, I changed my mind. There is just so much that can go wrong, and I would not have a clue what to do. I decided to leave the breeding to the experts. No way will I risk my Jasmine's health.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts