Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mom asked me today at what age do chihuahua's mature. i told her never. hahaha!! but honestly i dont know.

so i ask you nice people. at what age are chihuahua's considered mature?

·
Registered
533 Posts
you know I don't know but I do see toby maturing more and more everyday. He will be two in april. I just notice him not doing things like younger puppies do. He doesn't seem as hyper. I like it much better, I don't have to worry about him chewing things like he used to!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well Goliath is 8 and still LOVES to play, and get into mischief but his hyper levels are barely in existence at all. So he has calmed down (compared to puppies) but still has retained a super good sense of fun.
I don't know what he was like as a pup though but I'm sure he was hilarious because at 8 he still cracks me up.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Once Carl hit a year he lost some of the puppy hyper-ness.
But he's definitely still a little troublemaker! He's 16 months old now and he gets into more trouble than he used to, ha!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I agree with one being a big marker. Gracie will be one next month & she's calmed down dramatically! Stewie was always calm, so I didn't notice a big change in him. I think I was told once that their coats will fill in by 3 years (assuming they're long-haired). I hadn't heard about them calming down a lot at 2, so now I have something to look forward to with Gracie! lol :)

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i think there out of the "puppy" stage at about 2yrs, but id say they dont act "old" untill there in their teens.

·
Registered
803 Posts
mylo is 14months old, he has never been hyper hyper, but he does get these crazy bursts were he has to run around in circles for like 10minutes lol. he hasnt changed much really, and i dnt think i want him to change lol, so im hoping he doesnt change wen hes 2!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone...Bear still acts the same as when he was a baby, just housebroken! i'm glad though, he's such a great little dog and so happy all the time.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
yeah as much as chis grow older, i dont think they realy start "getting old" untill their in their late teens, which is fun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts