Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some extremely sad news. Max, our oldest chihuahua will be put to sleep tomorrow at 4:30 at the vets. He is 16 and a half years old and has been in poor health for a couple of years and this past week or so has drastically gotten much worse. He is blind and deaf and in the past few days cannot walk, so we have to carry him outside to potty and then carry him back in. He is suffering and is in pain. He hasn't wanted to eat the past couple days but has drank some water. His spirit is gone and it's just the shell of his body that is left now. This is so sad, it's hard to let go and I've been crying the past 2 days.

·
Registered
768 Posts
:( im so sorry to hear ur extreamly sad news... must be terrible for u right now.
Lots of hugs to Max and you xx

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Oh Shelly I am so very sorry :( I hope you have a wonderful last day with your baby boy, and that you find comfort knowing he will be in a better place with no more owwies :(

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I am SO sorry. That is exactly our story with our boy. His last 3 days he would not eat and we carried him out and had to hold him up to potty. Bless his heart and yours.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I am so sorry :( It doesn't seem fair that dogs have such short lifespans... I hope you'll find comfort in knowing that Max had a long life filled with love, and you're giving him the most unselfish gift.

Run free, Max.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so very sorry. :( I know how hard this must be for you, just know you are doing the most loving thing you can for him. I'm glad you had so many wonderful years together.

You and your sweet Max will be in my thoughts tomorrow. xxx

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss :(
I also went through the extact same thing with my Shih Tzu Barney in June 2010; he stopped eating and walking and it was like his spirit had left him and she just would stare off into space and we knew it was time.
You had many wonderful years with your baby and he will always hold a special place in your heart.

Jenna

·
Registered
263 Posts
HEAVEN'S DOGGY-DOOR

My best friend closed his eyes last night,
As his head was in my hand.
The Doctors said he was in pain,
And it was hard for him to stand.

The thoughts that scurried through my head,
As I cradled him in my arms.
Were of his younger, puppy years,
And OH...his many charms.

Today, there was no gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you gaze",
Only a heart thats filled with tears
Remembering our joy filled days.

But an Angel just appeared to me,
And he said, "You should cry no more,
GOD also loves our canine friends,
HE's installed a 'doggy-door"!

God bless Max :'(

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this! :( At least you know he had the best possible life and loved you very very very much. You did everything you could for him, don't forget that. I will be thinking about you and Max! *HUGS* to you both!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Very heartbreaking for you. Sixteen years is a wonderful life, though. After the tears have managed to subside a bit, don't forget to celebrate the many great years of love that you have given each other.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
You are doing the best thing for your baby,i know it's so hard but for the best ,there comes a time when it has to be done for their sake."HUGS"

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am so sorry. I know this is a difficult thing to have to do but it is the quality of life you have to look at and you are making the best decision for him. I had to do this for my past Dane and it was devastating. Prayers are with you and Max

1 - 20 of 77 Posts