Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't like how the pics came out. The background I got was wrapping paper which usually works great but I didn't realize until I took it , that it was polly! So my flash reflected & made a "glare" that makes it impossible to edit out w/o it looking obvious (which you will be able to tell where I tried LOL). Anyway, the subjects were cute so that's good enough for me. :lol:

I also saw my flip video by my camera as I was about to start so I thought it would be fun to video tape the "shoot" since everyone always wonders how I get the pups to pose together. So here ya go. And remember that all my pups have grown up doing this--except Maya & you can sort of tell. She still does great considering though!!

And PLEASE don't laugh at me...I tried to cover the bad booty shot up with a caption but still, I didn't dry my hair after my shower & I had total grunge clothes on since I was doing some housework & such. I don't always look like a grub but when it's me & the pups at home all day I don't try very hard. :lol: And bummer the battery went dead as they finally all stayed got "down" right at the end. haha Oh well...you get the idea!

Video: YouTube - MChi Chihuahuas Christmas Photoshoot

Results....

My fav (but those darned floppy eared dogs always block faces off! LOL)

Individuals....

Poor Mari just wasn't in the photoshoot mood at ALL....

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Wow! Gorgeous pictures as usual, Heather! And what well behaved little subjects! I would go crazy with frustration trying to do that with just my three!
Too bad about the paper, but I actually like the way its reflecting the colors, it reminds me of lights on a Christmas tree. The last group pic is SO great :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amanda...see the video! hehe ;) But thanks!!

Adrienne, I wish I could too. That would be so fun!

Thanks Moni! ;)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Katy...I guess that's one way to view the reflective paper...glowing lights! :lol: Good thinking!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
That was soooooooooooooo sweet! I loved the video. They are glued to you. Amazing to watch all those little heads look at you in unison. That was great! Good job! They all looked so tiny when you picked them up to put them on the table! :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Amazing seriously amazing I think you are so talented and if you were in the uk we'd be coming over lol fabulous as always

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Omg *dies* That's almost too much cuteness to handle! You are the queen of doggie photographers, Heather! :lol: I'm always amazed at your gorgeous pics! I know it helps to have such adorable subjects though too. :D Love the group shots, but I love the single shots even more! Sooooo cute!! It's so cute how you can see their distinct personalities in each shot. I swear Matilda always looks like royalty, hehe. I especially love the shots of Milo and Mari, just precious. Loved the video too. :)

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
I love the 1st and 2nd pic.. and the glossy paper sets the 'feel' of the holiday(looks like tree lights).... GREAT pics!!! and the video was awesome.... I was sad when it ended..... I could have watched you guys for an hour :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Tracy. :) Ha! I noticed the heads too...don't notice so much when I'm doing it through. Too funny!

Sarah, I'd do pics of Lotus & Daisy in a heartbeat!! :love5:

Awww, thanks Paula!! The cute subjects are 99.9% of the pic of course!

Thanks Jan! Ok, I need to go back & look at these pics with holidays in mind. Maybe I should have said "oh, I MEANT to do that!". hahaha As a rule I hate anything that glares but I guess on occasion it "works". :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Are you sure those are all real dogs?! It is just freaking incredible that you can get actual live dogs [not stuffed :) ] to do that!
All hail the queen of doggy photography! :) They are adorable!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Lol!!!! That was great. I have never tried groups shots up on a table. That might be the secret for mine. Have they ever tried to jump off. Oh...are you using a tripod?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
every single pic is fantastic, they look your have have paid through the nose to have them done!
I may just steal this idea of paper background and a huge bow for Honey if you dont mind?
Great pics!!!! :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
every single pic is fantastic, they look your have have paid through the nose to have them done!
I may just steal this idea of paper background and a huge bow for Honey if you dont mind?
Great pics!!!! :)
Thanks!! I absolutely don't mind...I can't wait to see what you get! I LOVE wrapping paper backgrounds...gives such a variety to pics. :)

Lol!!!! That was great. I have never tried groups shots up on a table. That might be the secret for mine. Have they ever tried to jump off. Oh...are you using a tripod?
Worth a try Lori! The couch or a chair works just as good too & may be a little safer if you think your crew would try to dive. LOL My pups actually haven't ever tried jumping off the table though as you can tell I tell them to "wait" a LOT because I'm still paranoid the idea will go through their head. haha And no...no tripod. That's what they were watching me do when I walked in the opposite direction of the treats....going to pick up my camera! :D

Wow great shots. I love them all.
Thanks!

Are you sure those are all real dogs?! It is just freaking incredible that you can get actual live dogs [not stuffed :) ] to do that!
All hail the queen of doggy photography! :) They are adorable!
Haha, thanks. :love5: That was good for my ego. Bahahaha! But yes...actual little dogs they are. :)

IV JUST LOOKED AT THE VID!! they are so good,
:) They are very good little subjects for SURE!

They are so cute I have to go back and look at them again....:)......
Thanks Moni! ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts