Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Ouch! I hope its quick and painless. I hardly felt it when they pulled mine (except for a few seconds of uncomfortable pressure) but I was zonked out for 2 days from the painkillers...lol. just a little advice...try to stay away from really hot and super cold liquids. luke warm drinks feel best. good luck!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yuck, I remember I had to do that last year. The dentist who did it was horrible, my dads friend. I heard through so many people that they get it done under anesthesia, but I wasn't one of the lucky ones and got it when I was awake with novocaine. One of them was growing in sideways and it hurt when they pulled it out. The worst was that I was able to see the whole procedure go on through the reflection in their light thing that hangs over you. From the scalpel cutting to the stitching. Luckily you only have to go through it once if that. But I'd prefer a root canal, doesn't hurt so bad.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had mine done a couple years back. Even under anesthesia, I actually woke up! I heard them pounding on the tooth to break it apart. :shock: I had all four taken out. It wasn't that bad. It's just that I had to eat soup for a week. The stitches dissolved in my mouth so lucky me, I didn't have to go back! :)

I hear it is better to have them out when you're young as opposed to having them done when you're older. Better now than later, I say.

I bet you'll come outta the dentist sayin "That wasn't that bad." Good luck! :wave:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had mine taken out the day Felony got the pin put in her leg. It's not that bad, I got put under and the only thing I was afraid of was not waking up! But it was alright the doc. was super nice! and make sure you don't even try to eat anything your not suppose to cuz it hurts!!! And your face might swell like crazy mine did and I looked so ridiculous!!

Good luck, and we will be praying for a quick recovery!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Good luck - hope it goes well! I hate dentists. But you'll be fine after a week or so. I'm glad mine are out and done with :wink:

·
Registered
83 Posts
i had all four of my wisdom teeth removed about 15 years ago. i had the anesthesia. and from what i can remember, it wasn't bad at all. you will get to eat soft stuff for about a week or so. you might be knocked out from pain meds. good luck.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Wishing you a speedy recovery.......I am sure you chose a good dentist who will treat you very well.....take your meds and get lot's of rest .

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I had all 4 out about 25 years ago and really, it was no big deal. I had it done at a hospital rather than at my oral surgeon's office because I have a problem with my blood clotting. I didn't want to like, bleed to death (silly me :lol: ). I did have more bleeding than the average person but the pain wasn't all that bad. The one thing I do remember was throwing up in the recovery room. I think it was the combination of penicillin, valium (which I swore I didn't need because I was incredibly calm) and sodium penathol (I know it's misspelled but whatever :lol: ). The surgery was on a Friday, I took Tylenol with codeine a couple times that weekend and I was fine for work on Monday. :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Oh my......I had mine done when I was about 18 (I'm not gonna tell you how long ago that was (hehe). I got put out...all four out at the same time. Wasn't so bad. I think the worst part was that my face all swelled up.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well Im back my face is a little swollen. The hardest part for me is my mouth is so dry. I have guaze in there right now. Of course I couldnt eat anything before the surgery and im way hungry. None of the numbness has worn off so i dont think i can eat anything anyway. Thanks for the prayers.

Yoda is always by my face and on my shoulder , poor baby I have to push him away today :(

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
usmcjess said:
Well Im back my face is a little swollen. The hardest part for me is my mouth is so dry. I have guaze in there right now. Of course I couldnt eat anything before the surgery and im way hungry. None of the numbness has worn off so i dont think i can eat anything anyway. Thanks for the prayers.

Yoda is always by my face and on my shoulder , poor baby I have to push him away today :(
Nurse Yoda wants to take care of his mommy. I bet you will feel tons better by tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hope you are feeling better soon. When my hubby had his out I was making a trip to baskin robbins 3 times a day for malts. The people there were starting to give me very strange looks :roll:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had a little pain this morning and took a vicodin and the pain went away. Even though Yoda's daddy is home , he still wants to be with me in bed. Daddy gets jealous cause Yoda loves his mommy :D

But They said my worse day will be tomorrow. SO im looking forward to that. :shock:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts