Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so most of you here know i'm a chi crazy psycho ever since i got my precious leila.
I have periods where i'm looking at chis for sale and cool off periods. Well, i'm hot again...on the trail of another puppy that is.
I really would like to have one that is a little bit smaller than miss leila. She is certainly short enough, (not quite 8 in. high) and that's fine with me. But weight wise she is like 6 lbs and is a loony about food. ;) 4-5 lbs and not so hungry would be nice. haha
Well her breeder just had a new litter the day after thanksgiving and it's 6 boys. lol But he still has a pup from leila's mamas final litter. She is going to be around 6 lbs he's estimating, and i have showed her pic to a couple of people on here. Even though i know she may be as big as leila, I can't help but want to go see her (and can't seem to get her out of my mind). And with her having the same dam as leila it makes it all the more tempting, i just love how sweet and loving and intelligent leila is.
This puppy (to me) is just stunning! And without further adieu.........

:)
breeder describes her color as lavender fawn. whatever it is i love it, and her eyes are beautiful.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Honestly you want a tiny, you did before you got Leila as well, don't rush, hold out and get what your heart desires.
17 years is a lonnng time.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Oh gosh I don't wanna be really rude but Cheryl leilas about a pound or a little more over weight you have you 4-5lb dog she's just overweight :(

This ones a nice pet seems longer in the body (see how she has tiny legs but still looks tall in comparison to her leg height) there's no harm looking but if you cut back miss leilas food you'll have your 5ish (maybe less) pound dog

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Wow! That is such a beautiful puppy! If youre anything like me, youll want another one again anyway, whether you get a tiny or not. I still want a merle, a fawn with a dark mask, a chinese crested or two, and an italian greyhound. And then I would probably still want more, lol. I think youd be smart to choose on personality, ok and looks, above size anyway. Youre probably better off with a 6ish lber as you have a big dog too. A few lbs really makes a difference I think in how fragile they are, youd have a lot more worry with a tiny. You must get THIS puppy! I want 100 more pics!!!!!

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Agree 100% with Sarah.
About the puppy, she is very beautiful; her eyes are just gorgeous, but if you get her, you will continue to desire a "tiny"

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
agree with sarah and kitty too, you will never stop until you get that tiny, this chi is stunning, when we got bianca she was over weight, we just cut back on her food, and now she is a picker, does not pig out any more, might be the same with leila.
i dont know if anyone lse is the same as me, but because we see our chis all the time they dont look that small until you compare them to another smallish dog,then they look tiny, do you know what i mean?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Oh, she's absolutely adorable! I'm betting my Lavender's breeder called her "lavender fawn" and that's how she got her name. Lavender is exactly the same color as this pretty little girl. How can you resist!

Jeanette

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I also agree...Leila is a 4-5lb pup with a little extra "padding". :) (she is gorgeous...I LOVE Leila & I personally LOVE her structure size-it's my kind of perfect! hehe)

I just love the lavender/blue sable pup you have pictured. Her eyes ARE gorgeous! If you're wanting a "tiny" though I wouldn't settle on anything less or you'll keep wanting one as everyone else has pointed out.

Good luck in your decision--which ever way you go you can't go wrong. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Cheryl, she is beautiful! I've already told you that, though. :) But she won't be a tiny. She is going to be about Leila's size, or maybe even bigger. From speaking with you so many times in PM, I know that you will not be happy until you have a tiny. I'm just being honest with you, because if this is your last, you are not going to be satisfied. Your lil one is out there, it just takes some time. The tinies aren't easy to come across, but if you are patient, you will find her. Puppies are fun, but she will grow.

As for Leila. She is a little girl! But she does have some extra padding. I think you will be very surprised how tiny she would be with about 1 lb. of weight loss.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Poor little leila. :( lol She only eats 3/8 c. a day. Should I cut her back from that? It seems like such a small amount and she always seems hungry all day long. She doesn't get treats regularly either. And if she does get one i cut her food back slightly.
Sometimes I think though that the "idea" of a tiny may be better than maybe actually having one. When I really think of it Leila is small but tough and that's good living in this house with a boxer and kids.
I just can't get this puppy out of my head. And i check back and there she still is......... So beautiful.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Cheryl, I will honestly tell you that your theory is correct. Tinies are adorable, but not suited for homes with big dogs. Lexie & Jade ran into each other playing, it made Lexie koo koo for a minute, and knocked Jade off her feet. It took a minute to get her "functions" back. They are very sweet, and adorable, but not always easy to care for. When I say it's an all day job, I'm not just typing that. It really and truly is. It will not be like caring for Leila. You have to watch everything they do! Monitor every meal, etc. So just be sure you are up for it. I could tell you more stories, but I’ll leave it at that.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Another note to add. Even Chance's size would be very risky to have in a home with a boxer. I would be scared to death! It would take one paw to his soft spot/molera, and he'd be gone. :( He is more sturdy than the girls, but certainly not what I'd call "average." Again, give it lots of thought.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
That puppy is adorable! I love her eyes!

I've never wanted a "tiny." Rylie weighs 4lbs and that has always been small enough for me. Tucker is 5lbs, and he's sooo rough and tumble... he's stocky and just built tough.

Emma is tiny. Her breeder (who is a show breeder and has awesome, awesome dogs) figured that Emma would be about 5lbs fullgrown.

Well, Emma is 2.7lbs at almost 10 months of age, and hasn't really grown since she was 6 months of age. I'm hoping that she'll be a 3-3.5lb adult, because her small size is VERY worrisome to me. She is amazingly agile and FAST, and flies down our staircase. She jumps all over everything, and I cringe every time.

Even though she's only 2.5lbs smaller than Tucker, the size difference is VERY noticable. She's not as durable as him... I can't play rough with her, I have to watch and make sure she doesn't play too hard with the others... and after her head injury, it's even more worrisome.

I would never choose to have a "tiny." I think that a 5lb chihuahua is so much more ideal... they're more rough and tumble, easier to medicate (dosing), etc, etc.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Oh, and I'd never say that smaller sized chihuahuas aren't suited for homes with large dogs.

Rory (our 35lb border collie) is still 7 times Tucker's size... ANY dog can get hurt by another dog no matter the size.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is nice with leila's size i will admit, even though you're constantly looking to make sure not to step on her because she so fast and always moving, I feel pretty confident she is safe, my boxer is sooooo gentle with her, it is precious to see really! :love1:
I may go see this girl...just to see ;)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Go see her. If you fall in love, then that's what matters.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
OMG she must be the most beauiful Chi I have ever seen... If I were in your shoes I'd be going with a deposit or the full amount and taking her home..

So photogenic.. I am stunned at just how gorgeous she is..

1 - 20 of 92 Posts