Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone here have an electric meat grinder??? If so which brand?

I am thinking of ordering this one

Weston - 33 0201 W - Heavy Duty 575 watt Electric Meat Grinder | CSN Stores

do you think that will be good enough to grind up raw recipes and bone? it's 575 watts so I figured that would be strong enough? but I've never grinded bone before so no clue lol I did see it featured on a BARF website this was the cheapest one as some can run up to $500 + which I am not looking to spend that much.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have no clue about meat grinders. :confused:

I just wanted to suggest doing a search for that model for reviews. That's what I always do when I'm looking to buy something.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
The brands I have heard BARFERS recommend is the Tyson and the Northern Tool. Most people buy from onestopjerkyshop.com. I bet if you talked to some BARF people, you could get a great recommendation.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did read reviews but none of them mention grinding bones.....just about all the hunting they did and meat they chopped up for venison sausages and burgers hahaha nothing about bone I'm thinking maybe I will have to feed bone seperate but wanted a second opinion as I buy the SMACK and it has grinded bone in it think it would be cheaper to get meat with bone in also if I proportion it properly

·
Registered
14,441 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The brands I have heard BARFERS recommend is the Tyson and the Northern Tool. Most people buy from onestopjerkyshop.com. I bet if you talked to some BARF people, you could get a great recommendation.
thanks Tracy checking it out now! I don't know any BARF people where do I ask??

·
Registered
237 Posts
It says there is a warranty. Maybe you can just try it out? Also maybe look for some relation with the wattage and bone crushing?

I'm not being much help, maybe I should go back to my corner.. lol

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Read the reviews on the Tasin. They are excellent. There are 14 reviews there and I just read the first few of them for people grinding for cats and they all recommended it. It powers right through the bones.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah ha, I found the one I was thinking of. It's now on sale for $125 and is sold to hunters and also BARF people. It says it can easily grind through chicken, rabbit, and (some) turkey bones. I have heard others say this is a good one.

Tasin TS-108 Electric Meat Grinder::Deer::Venison::Home Use::RAW::pet Food Makin
ohhh thanks!! I am going to check if they ship to Canada that one I posted they cover all the brokerage fees and duty fees so I want to find out if I can get the one you posted from somewhere like that! I hate hidden fees!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Read the reviews on the Tasin. They are excellent. There are 14 reviews there and I just read the first few of them for people grinding for cats and they all recommended it. It powers right through the bones.
I'm so sold on this one!! it's 1200 watts too so it's a lot more powerful thanks so much!! Just looking into if I can get it shipped here!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to make cat food! My cats will ONLY eat noname brand food! They are picky little buggers! Hoping they will eat raw found a few recipes online for cats too!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Good luck with the grinder! Keep us posted. I'll be anxious to hear how it goes for you and that grinder will definitely pay for itself in just a few months of not having to buy the expensive pre-mades!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am searching for somewhere else to order it the website you gave me does ship here but I have to email them for a quote and then i will probab;y be charged a bunch of fees on delivery! but I definitly am looking into finding it somewhere else~! thanks again I will keep you updated!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Maybe you could find it in Canada or on ebay? If I was going to get one, that's the one I'd get. :)

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is what I am looking for to buy it here! I will see if any canadian ebayers are selling them even if I buy on ebay from the us I can still get charged duty! I need to move over the boarder hahaha my parents are looking into moving to the states somewhere with a warmer climate they haven't decided where yet but I probably will go with them if I am done my RN course by then! If I get into the course that is *fingers crossed* way off topic sorta haha

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok so I contacted them and the total price with shipping will cost me $201.55 usd and they said that customs usually charges $0-$25 for duty fees. I am definitly going to buy it I think it will pay off in the end when my dogs don't die from arsenic or any other poisons in dog food!!! I am going to ask my oh to pay for half as a gift haha so I may have to wait a couple weeks before ordering but I am soooooooooo pumped to start making some delicious eats for my puppers and my new puppy will be fed raw from the womb til 15+ years very exciting!

I am returning all the unopened bags of kibble we have that is at least $100 to go towards the grinder woohoo

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
So excited for you!!! Can't wait to see how that all turns out. You'll have to show us the process and the finished product! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts