Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if when you give your dog phenabarbitol, does it have to be every 12 hours on the hour? I had to give my dog her dose 2 hours early today? I will ask the vet tomorrow, but until then. ? Thanks

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I used to work as a vet's assistant, and we always recommended dosing as close as you can.. what most people do is plan it around what time they sleep (as in, to make sure that they don't have to get up in the middle of the night to give it.)

Only 2 hours shouldn't cause any problems; I wouldn't worry if she's been getting a pretty constant dose. What I would recommend, is giving the NEXT dose ONE hour early from the usual; and then the following one return back to your normal schedule. That'll help to make sure she has a fairly stable dosage in her.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Only 2 hours shouldn't cause any problems; I wouldn't worry if she's been getting a pretty constant dose. What I would recommend, is giving the NEXT dose ONE hour early from the usual; and then the following one return back to your normal schedule. That'll help to make sure she has a fairly stable dosage in her.

That's exactly what I was gonna say! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you :) i feel better. It's so hard to give it 12 hours. I give it to her at 7 am and 7 pm. I only started it on friday night, and she did have a seizure this morning, do you know if this would be normal? Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts