Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! DOes ANYONE on this forum know of the "medicine" you can give to puppies when they are being shipped by plane, so they don't get sick afterwards? There was this breeder in TX I believe who told me about it awhile ago, and I just can't remember the name of it. PLEASE let me know if you know what this is called. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
theres not realy a medication that will stop them getting sick.
the only suggestion i would have is keep the trip as stress free as possible.
use a god airline likt continental to keep the flight comfortable and as short as possible,
something like Bachs RescueRemedy before the flight will ease any stress and anxiety which will help the puppies immune system resist any bugs it might pick up. (stresses system = weak immunity)

if the puppy arrives sick its something it picked up at the breeders before shipping.
my other suggestion with shipping pups is be sure to have an apt at the vets lined up already for the day after arrival to check the pup over, to ensure its healthy.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I have had one puppy shipped to me and one I flew out and picked up.
Neither one of them got sick. They mostly just sleep being as young as they are.
I would just suggest when you pick the puppy up from the airport to have Nutracal, water and some wipes with you. You might want to take a couple of pads and some puppy food with you if you have a long drive home. The wipes are in case the puppy goes potty in the crate and gets it on itself.
I have always taken mine to the vet the day after I get them. Take a stool sample so they can test for parasites.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your advice everyone! I will keep all of this info. in mind. It looks like I might be getting a new puppy, but I will know for sure after this weekend! I will keep you guys posted!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts