Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been so down lately, what with Ling Ling's passing and finding out I wasn't getting any of the puppymill dogs, so I decided there was a worthy dog here in my town that needed a home for the holidays. So meet Chumley. I think he has some pug and maybe some dachshund in him, but he's so beautiful. He's chocolate and white, weighs 11.8 pounds and is about 1 year old. He's has all his shots but needs to be neutered. He fits into the pack ok, I have a few that are still a little leery of him. Being not fixed...and a boy...he's christened just about everything in the dog room already. lol I don't think he's ever been in a house before. When I picked him up, he immediately peed in my car. lol
Will I keep him? I'm not sure. But I did save him from going to the county pound and we will take it from there.

Saying Hi to Sasha

I just adore his floppy ears

With my youngest daughter, Quisha

Just gorgeous

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
OMG KEEP HIM!!! :p

He is just stunning! I LOVE him!
Good for you for saving the poor baby!
I say neuter him and keep him if you can.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
He does look like he has some pug in him with that curly tail! He has a very sweet face. Thank you for rescuing him.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Hey Pam, do you know anything about his history? I'm curious to hear his story.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sorry, LS, man that gave me the dog just said they had too many dogs. He didn't speak English very well. His grandson, about 9 years old, is the one that told me his age and that he had all his shots. They were standing in front of the discount grocery store, trying to find him a home.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
His coat is beautiful and he looks really healthy. Congrats to you on taking him in-I'll bet he will fit in like he has always been there, soon!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
You are sooo awesome! I love you! lol :daisy: I know it has to be so hard with your little Ling ling and then the foster dogs falling through =( BUT as always things happen for a reason and Chumley's name is written all over it! lol I do think with that cute little booty of his that he has some puggy in him! So cute! That is one beautiful dog! LOVE the coat, love the little nose! Chumley has already stolen my heart! lol I believe that is the same collar Kaige & Kanyon have! Love it on him! <3 You're just a great person all around Pam and I do hope the best for Chumley that it works out with the other dogs and that he gets to stay with your family. Either way you have saved him and given him a place to call him for the time being and for the holidays! What a lucky pup! :hello1:

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
That is so cool that you gave him a home for the holidays. If you were closer I would hug you and him. He is gorgeous. I do believe he is a keeper. :):):)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thank you all. He has some terrible seperaton anxiety. If he is in the dog room and I leave for any length of time, he whines and screams constantly. I made sure I waited until he calmed down and was quiet before I came back in the room. The first couple of times took about an hour before he was quiet. Then it started getting a bit less by the end of the night. I am just wondering what to do about tonight, I was planning on crating him as he still is peeing all over. I may not get much sleep tonight. :)

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
hes a beautiful colour, ah sure you will keep him
i have a chumley too!!!.............. but shes a guinea pig lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
Pam, you are so kind. I hop e that you can get him fixwxed b4 thansgiving so you can enjoy your holiday stress free, You truly are an angel!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
he is a gorgeous looking boy :) you have helped so many in need you are a true angel , i havent been online for a while so have missed quite alot by the sounds of things

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
He is very cute.
its great that you saved him from the pound
I reckon you should keep him

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Why don't you make a makeshift belly band (or use one if you have one that fits him) out of a tube sock and sanitary napkin? Just safety pin it on or somehow secure it. The more he pees in your house, the more he will think its okay.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw what a sweetie. Thank you rescuing him. He's beautiful! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts