Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Meet little "Deja Voo" our current rescue, shes come along way in a short amount of time. Very very sweet girl.
First pic is hard to see it in the pic but her rib cage stuck out pretty bad the day we went and got her. She was very sick, starved, skin issues, fleas, worms, had a bad UTI infection. Shes currently finishing off her meds for that, her nails were so long her toes were splayed open and the nails curved under to the pads she came from a BYB situation. I can go on and on with her story but for now shes much loved cared for, pamperd and eating healthy and getting the medical care she needs.

This pic was taken just befour we rescued her.

This is week 1 after we rescued her, notice the diffrence in weight still back bone sticking out hip bones almost coverd, skin issues getting better.

getting better..:D

week 2, awwww looky that face just asking for so much love, shes not to sure about the cam thing yet.

Wearing her new sweater.

week 2 1/2

Geeting better about pics being taken here she is with best bud Muffin watting for some freeze dried raw beef. Shes looking so much better now.:p

Her fur is now soft and sleek still has few spots that was bald filling in with fur. When we brung her home her hair was so hard and brittle was just awful, she does really ok with baths and nail trimming. Shes schedualed for heart worm test, spay/meds and dental work done on the 13th. We do have some other health concern going on that we will be dealing with on the 12th.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Aw!! She looks so amazing since you took her in. She looks just like my Midgie. I can see a big difference in temperament from the first to last pic. Give her a big hug and kiss from Midgie and I and will be praying for great health.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Those first pics are heartbreaking..thank you for saving her...she looks like a totally different doggie now with your loving care...hugs to her

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
What an angel!!!! And what an angel you are to her!! You are right--she is one less precious dog suffering from neglect. Thank you. :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Bless her, she looks so much better after a while with you, well done for rescuing this little beauty:)

x

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:D Thank you everyone, tomarrow is Deja's last day of UTI med. Shes doing so well since she started the med for it. Shes come along way but still has along way to go, each day we find out things shes deathly afraid of, breaks our hearts but she will learn over time these things will not hurt her and that NO ONE here is going to hurt her. Next week she goes in for heartworm test, spay and dental work YIPPY!! She still has some skin issues in certain areas of her body but thats slowing getting better, we have orderd a diffrent food for her will see if that helps in few weeks. If you would like to know more about Deja and her story you can PM me and i will give you the link to her FB page. I will post more pics as time goes by and of spay day..

·
Registered
704 Posts
Totally different!!! Wow what a transformation. Sending lots of good karma your way for having such a loving heart.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Wow ,big difference between first picture and last, she is looking wonderful, so glad you rescued her.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, we are happy to report Deja is heart worm free YIPPY!! Her test came back negitive.. WOOT!! And she did awsome while at the vets. Tomarrow morn she goes back in for spay/meds and dental work. Gona be a long day not only for her but for me as well. While talking to the doc we talked about some other health concerns, one was about Dejas back legs and the way she walks, will be further talking about what might be going on tomarrow but the subject came up that it could be spinal damage. Lets all hope and pray its not and that she continues to improve over time. Will update tomarrow night with pics and how Deja is doing.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE!! At 12:00 noon got call from vets Deja made it thru surgery fine she was NOT prego THANK GOD!! she also got her teeth cleaned, they said shes doing well and moving around and there going to try and see if she will eat alittle canned food and drink some water. We are going to pick her up at 3:00pm to bring her home.. Our prayers were answerd and things went smoothly now lets hope she heals fast and begins that much healthy better life.. Poor girl shes been thru so much already.. She has to go back for more things to be done but right now its one thing at a time, she does need more dental work done which we will try and get to within the next 2 months and also some exrays of her spine and legs. I will get some pics of her once shes home and settled in and will post those up sometime tonight..

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heres a pic of Dejas spay site, was little brused but that is almost gone now, its clean and super tiny, this pic was taken the other day. Shes doing really well, eating great and normal potty.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Way to go DejaVoo!!!!!!!!! We also have a DeJaVoo in our home, a sheltie. She was named DJ 'cause she looked so much like the former Sheltie.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Susan, awwwwww thats to cool you have a Deja to..:D

Ok time for a UPDATE!

Been a long time since i posted last, Here are some pictures of Deja, sorry for the butt shot pic but it helps you to see how much weight she has put on and also how well built her legs are now, no more skin and bones. Diffrent pics of her from diffrent sides while she sniffed the grass befour she went potty, then she ran around playing chase and wrestling with muffin and was pooped out it was to hot out so i only had them out for 15 mins long enough to potty and play for a few mins. Muffin and her are best bud they have so much fun together go everywhere together like 2 peas in a pod. LOL!! Shes maintaining her weight right, eating like a little piggy still, no more skin problems, bright clear eyes, clean ears, we are still working on getting her nails trimed down smaller but because they were so over grown for so long we can only get um so short. She plays with some toys now but still dont like squeakys, she loves chewies and treats of all kinds, she still has alittle phobia over certian things pots and pans, the broom, the vacuum but she has come along way and is much better now over other things she was scared of, shes getting better with meeting strangers, alittle shy at first but quickly warms up for alittle petting. Loves walks on her harness and rides in the truck like a champ. Shes had no more UTI's. Both girls are blowing there old winter coats and getting there new sleek summer fur. :p

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

And heres Muffin, she says "Bring on the toys mom!"

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
It's hard to believe she's the same dog. What a wonderful story. I'd love to hear more.

Reactions: Barracuda51
1 - 20 of 21 Posts