Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Got my Chloe a little brother today! An 8 week old chi, called Dexter!
He is really the sweetest little thing, and loves to cuddle into my neck..and inbetween my feet :D
Here's some pictures!

His shoulders reach the top of a coke can, and he weighs 1 1/2 lbs (24oz)

Quick Question, at what age did you get your Chi's vaccinated? I have rang 2 vets, one said I can get his first jab now, and the other said wait until 12 weeks due to his size. Confused! :foxes15:
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
What a cute little angel! That last pic of him tucked into your elbow is so precious - makes me want another puppy :)( my hubby would kill me)

Both my pups had their first shots when they came to me at 8 and 9 weeks (they had them at 5 weeks). One of mine was a big chubby puppy but the other was a similar size to Dexter so I don't see why they would have a problem with it. Plus it's crucial to get your pup out and about to socialize him and he needs to have his 1st vaccination to make sure it's safe - I would get him vaccinated ASAP.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Beautiful big eyes and I love black masking!

I do not know about UK immunization schedules. Hopefully, you'll get good advice from others there.

Here in the US it is generally 8, 12 and 16 weeks.

Congratulations on him. He is darling!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
WHen I was doing my research the RIGHT number was 12 weeks, but the vets all said they "could" be started at 8. I started with one vaccine at 9 weeks. I would never give more than one vaccine in a day. Partially because it's too much for their little bodies to handle and also because if you give more than one, and there is an allergic reaction, how do you know which one caused it. I never paid much attention the the allergic reaction posts until my little baby girl had a reaction to the 4th puppy shot (which I later learned was uneccessary).

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Both mine had their first vaccination at 6-8 weeks, which is normal for the UK. Usually the puppies are vaccinated before leaving the breeder.
He is absolutely beautiful, looking forward to more pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts