Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my little man.

As you can see, he has an overshot jaw which makes his muzzle looks very stubby.. I love how it turns up at the end and it all adds to his charm :love4:

Our first night was great.. he slept right through.

He is 18 weeks old.. the runt of the litter that no one else picked but I fell in love with him.

photo copy 3 by SamButler, on Flickr

photo copy 2 by SamButler, on Flickr

photo copy 4 by SamButler, on Flickr

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you say his muzzle is much shooter/ stubbier than most Chi's?

I am new to them and I wonder how much his over shot jaw has affected his appearance.

Not that I mind, he is eating well.. lots of small meals throughout the day and I have a vet appointment next week just to get him checked over again.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I had a shark boy myself some years ago, and there is nothing to do about it, and it's not painful, so don't think about it :) it's just a defect :) a very cute one hihihi :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
His muzzle doesn't look overly short. There are much shorter. As long as you aren't showing him, and he's not in any pain and eats well, it's just 'cosmetic.' I think he's cute as a button!!! :love5: Beautiful lil boy!

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
I think he is beautiful, and perfect! He has really nice markings. Thanks for sharing his pictures. I had a Fox Terreir that had an under bite and no one noticed except the vet.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
He is adorable! What's cuter than the chi is young kids showing tender love to the chi. They are so gentle with him!! BTW--The chi looks perfect to me, as they all do! Lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you :)

The kids are gentle, they know he is fragile and they treat him with kids gloves.. I won't allow them to with him alone though.

He is very hard work. He is SO timid and I have to have him on a leash for now as he hates being picked up. He wants to come to me but then gets scared when I go to scoop him up.

I am torn between just picking him up until he gets used to it or go about it very gently and just not lift him but transport him in his crate.

Somehow I need to change it as I can't toilet train him like this as he doesn't go to the pads automatically.

I have made some little steps so eventually when he is less timid he might use them to get onto the couch to sit with me. He loved cuddles when I have got hold on him and he follows me everywhere so he does like me, it's just the picking him up which is making it all so hard work.

·
Registered
102 Posts
He is so cute! I have an adult rescue that is scared to be picked up, but he has no fear of being picked up if I am sitting down on the floor or couch. So maybe you could try that first and work your way up to a standing position.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Thank you :)

The kids are gentle, they know he is fragile and they treat him with kids gloves.. I won't allow them to with him alone though.

He is very hard work. He is SO timid and I have to have him on a leash for now as he hates being picked up. He wants to come to me but then gets scared when I go to scoop him up.

I am torn between just picking him up until he gets used to it or go about it very gently and just not lift him but transport him in his crate.

Somehow I need to change it as I can't toilet train him like this as he doesn't go to the pads automatically.

I have made some little steps so eventually when he is less timid he might use them to get onto the couch to sit with me. He loved cuddles when I have got hold on him and he follows me everywhere so he does like me, it's just the picking him up which is making it all so hard work.
You've only had him 1 night, yes? No worries, it will come! Just make sure that being picked up ALWAYS means that something good is going to happen, and soon little Forrest will be fine with it. Remember, it's scary to be grabbed and lifted off the safety of the ground by a giant -- you'd likely be scared too!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's funny as I was stuck on the spelling.. Forest or Forrest?

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just looked and I think I was spelling it wrong lol

It seems Forrest is pronounced For-rest

He's a forest not a For-rest so I am going to change the spelling to Forest :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Forest is a perfect name for your beautiful lil fella'!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts