Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

have now managed to figure out how to put photos on :)

Louie is our new family addition who came to live with us on saturday.
He has settled really well and doing great, His previous owners had matts laid on the floor for him to do the toilet on, i have not needed them i havnt had one accident which is good.
He had always been walked with a coller and lead before we got him but have now got him on a harness, he was not keen at all at first but now he is happy (ish) with it.

Only thing i find and would like advise on is.....weather here is scotland is mild at the moment but obviously when cooler weather comes he will need a jacket....if i place any sort of clothing on him he goes into a massive sulk and will not move and looks so missrable, whats the best way to tackle this to get him used to it for later in the year.........anyway here is a couple of pictures of louie

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Congrats , he is one handsome chi :) I would just put a coat on him for short periods of time and make that time fun with treats and toys :)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Gorgeous.

Re getting him used to jackets - start out with cutting some sleeves off of old sweaters & modifying to make like a "body sock" with holes for front legs, or grab some inexpenssive, lightweight singlet type pieces from Elaina here - without the bulk he'll quickly get used to clothing - mine have and it only took a couple of wears of singlets/t-shirts from Elaine to do it :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
He is handsome. My sisters Quinn does that with clothes too, you can almost pose him. He is fine with tshirts but hates anything thicker.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he is a real sweet heart :)......he is 8mths old, he has settled so well he seems to love everybody especially children he is so well socialized......was suprised how well house trained he is as ive read there not the best breed to toilet train, but i have not had one accident, he goes out for his last wee about 8pm and thats him untill morning

1 - 10 of 10 Posts