Chihuahua People Forum banner

Meet Miss Mela :)

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Rose of Love 
#1 ·
She's not mine, but I helped get her a home.
Some friends down the street rescued her today from the shelter ( the same one Stella came from).

She's an 8 year old terrier-mix. Chi maybe ? She looks a bit like Carlos
One of their dogs died of cancer a year ago, and their other dog, Dottie was left as an only dog.
Of course it's hard to bring another dog in, but I helped convince them to rescue a dog, and pushed hard for Mela because...obviously she's special. I think I would have taken her if they hadn't.

Dottie is Stella's best friend. She goes by her house every day and visits, they lay in the yard and chase squirrels.

Enough talk - I'm just as happy as can be ! Happy Happy Happy !
She's been home about 1.5 hours when I took the pics today.

I'm Mela, and I'm RESCUED !!!!!!

I'm beautiful too !

I'm learning that this is my yard

And I'm learning to listen to Daddy

And did I mention I'm beautiful ?

I have a black spot on my stubby little tail

This is Miss Dottie....Stella's best friend - a 10 year old terrier

I'm beautiful too !

No matter which way you look at me

I've got a new sister !

See less See more
#16 · (Edited)
Nikon D60.

Mela seems to be doing well in her new home.
I didn't go by yesterday as it was storming all day, but I spoke briefly on the
phone with the owners and there had not been any incidents.

She's a sweet girl. Apparently they found her wandering around, and no attempts to locate an owner were successful. She has a bit of a limp for unknown reasons. It doesn't slow her down.

She was enjoying the attention when I saw her, although she was distracted by having a new fenced in yard to roam.

Stella was the same when I brought her home. Distracted by all the new things. It took her about a week to settle down and start being 'herself'

Oh and I can't emphasize enough. Anyone who would take in an 8 year old dog with a limp is a true HERO. The kind we need more of !

#17 ·
That's wonderful that Mela is doing so well. It'll be nice when she starts to settle in and realize it's her home. :)

It took Pip and Roo awhile before I saw their true personalities. Especially Roo, she was so shy. So exciting when you see their true personalities start to emerge. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.