Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just given this little girl, she's 17 weeks old and weighs 35 oz. The girl that had her also has a 1 year-old baby that is kinda rough with the dog. The baby kept picking her up by her skin and tossing her. She has a little owwie by her eye. She is sweet and playful and right now in the puppy pen until I decide if I want her with the rest. I'm afraid the two puppies would be way too rough with her. I put Twiggy in with her and Twiggs was so happy to see a dog smaller than her. lol Right now she is snoozing in her crate. Trying to think of a name for her. She's all black except for a bit of white on her chest and a few toes. And she's so soft and fluffy. And, yes, I know, her nails are awful. I will clip her nails as soon as I am done babysitting my 5 month old nephew.

Edited to say I just counted up the weeks and she's actually 18 weeks old today.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
She is PRECIOUS!!! Was she sure she is 17 weeks? I only ask because of her floppy ears. Perhaps teething. Ruby secretly hoped maybe she'd get a new floppy eared friend!!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Aww poor baby!
How are you treating that little boo boo? Are you keeping her?
Are you sure about her age, I would have guessed younger.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
What a little cutie! I'm with the others on being suspicious about her age. I've got a 9 1/2 week old and your little girl doesn't look much older than her.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
All I can tell you is what the girl said. She said she was born on Aug 2nd. She could have the floppy ears from teething. Her parents were supposed to both be three pounders, she saw them when she picked her up. And the vet she saw remarked that she will be smaller than that. She's already had two sets of puppy shots and is due for the last set. So, it appears she is what the girl said. Even if she is younger and ends up 8 pounds, I couldn't care less. :)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Pam, she is a little sweetheart.. and I am certainly happy to know that she ended up in your home! She is one fortunate little girl. Congratulations! Deb

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you, Deb. She is so sweet right now. lol Waiting for her to settle in and the puppy in her to come out. She's so tiny, it's going to be a little scary.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
omg soooooooooo cute if you need a babysitter... :p

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
awwl! :) She is just adorable!!! So you're keeping her? CONGRATS!!!!!!
Yeah, I think I will keep this one. And once the other puppies are neutered and healed, I will be looking for new homes for them.

Oh wow she beautiful!!!
Thank you!

aww, so cute :)
Thank you!

She is just adorable! Congrats :)
Thank you!

She is PRECIOUS!!! Was she sure she is 17 weeks? I only ask because of her floppy ears. Perhaps teething. Ruby secretly hoped maybe she'd get a new floppy eared friend!!
That would be cool, the floppy ear sisters . lol We'll just have to see.

She is so cute! It sounds like she is going to be really small.
Thank you. Yeah, I was shocked when I picked her up, there's nothing to her.

Aww poor baby!
How are you treating that little boo boo? Are you keeping her?
Are you sure about her age, I would have guessed younger.
I'm keeping an eye on the sore, but it's already scabbing over, so I will let it heal on its own. Yeah, I'll be keeping this one. And she's already had two sets of puppy shots and is due for the last, so if she's off, it's only a week off.

AWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I'm so excited (and jealous!) for you!
Thank You! I'm so excited with this one.

What are you thinking for her name???
Nothing's popped out yet for a name for her. Chumley's came to me on the ride home with him, but nothing yet for her.

omg soooooooooo cute if you need a babysitter... :p
If you were only closer... :)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Awww, she's a doll!

Since she has a little white on her how about the name Domino? Or Cerin (which means little dark one)?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts