Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Oliver, my special needs baby.

He is about 10 months old and weighs about 2.5lb to 3lb.

Oliver had some trouble while he was being born, and his head was stuck, so he has brain damage and he is mostly blind. He has the mentality of an 8 week old dog rather than an 10 month old, so he is very behind in his development, but he is happy and doing well otherwise.

He plays with toys, eats (soft, ground diet), chases the other chihuahuas, and is generally a very happy and sweet dog.

He may have problems, but Oliver is very special to me.

Around 6 weeks old (hand raised from a couple of weeks old as he was unable to feed by himself)

About 9 weeks old

About 5 months old, in his new crate (for overnight only to keep him safe)

Oliver now, at about 10 months old.

Isnt he beautiful :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I am sorry he had a problem coming into the world, but boy is he so utterly adorable!! He is so lucky to have you and I am sure you wake up every day with a smile having that little man around!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Aren't special needs chis so loveable ,there is something so special about them.I wouldn't hesitate getting another one they melt your heart and are such little fighters.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Bless you for taking care of this baby. Is he housetrained, or is he like an 8 week old puppy in a grown up body? I'm glad he has other dogs to play with and follow. He is really a cutie.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you everyone.

Hes about 90% puppy pad trained, as he cant get into the garden by himself. He gets there most of the time but not always, but he always trys.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
OMG precious as a wee one and precious now! Bless your heart for loving this baby :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts