Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and just wanted to introduce y'all to our little furbaby Ginger. We are fostering her for a couple of weeks until we fatten her up a bit so she can be fixed and then we can adopt her. She is very thin and under nourished and looks to be a challenge for us. My granddaughter really loves her already. Here is a photo of Ginger and one of Tori and Ginger. Ginger weighs in at a little over 6 pounds and is very loving and still a little insecure in her surroundings. But she is coming around.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Good job for taking her in.Yep she needs some fatting up.To help her not me so scared and help put weight on her.Sit in the floor and if she want come to you have some treats on you and see if she will come to you.Before you know it she will LOVE you and be putting weight on.Also try getting your grandaugther (since she seems to like her some) To teach her some tricks like sit,lay,shake,high five,and others.Make it fun for both of them.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
oh my gosh how does one let a fur baby get in such a bad state :( so glad she is now in good hands , hope all goes well with ginger she is gorgeous :)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Oh the poor thing :( So glad she's in your care. Both of mine are rescues, in very bad shape when they came to me, and I know the joy and sense of accomplishment there is in making a difference in a dog's life....perhaps even saving it.

Good for you!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Thank you for giving her a loving home...she will repay you many times over...she is beautiful...looks like Ginger and Tori are best buds already....

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Welcome to Chi people ! i love the pic of your granddaughter and Ginger :) .
So nice that you are adopting a dog that needs some help. Does she seem to like to eat?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone. The shelter said she is around 3 years old. She is fitting in quite well, still a little scared of us, but she's coming around. She is very loving and likes to sit on the sofa with me. She does love to eat! Not a problem there, but she eats so fast! I think she's afraid somebody is going to take it away from her. I started teaching her to sit this afternoon.

I sure hope she gets fattened up some before Thursday of next week. That's when I have to take her back to see if she is fat enough to have her little surgery.

I have so enjoyed looking at the photos of all your lovely little chi's. They are all adorable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts