Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some know we lost Sadie in January. We miss her terribly and Gibbs has been depressed. Lately his depression has been getting worse. We adopted Scarlett a 9 week old Red Bone Coon Hound (pos mix with lab or redtick hound) on Saturday. There were too many signs telling us to adopt her.

She was found on the side of the road with her siblings then taken to a high kill shelter where a local rescue took her in.

Adoption Day

Arrived Home

Passed out at DogGone Natural

Loves to Swim

I think I am a Chihuahua too

Gibbs watching over his new sister

Sleepy Puppy

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
How are they getting on together ? is Gibbs feeling happier ? she is beautiful and love the name.What a lucky baby to have you both

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have moments lol. With her not being around her mom long she is learning manners from Princess BG. Sonny thinks she is a toy, and Gibbs loves her when she is tired. Super Hyper Puppy moments (jumping in his face) he runs from her LOL.

Gibbs has not howled in 2 days!!!!! :) He is either happy or scared we will put annoying puppy out with him. She is in with the Chis for now until she gets bigger.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I'm sure they will settle down together,it does take time,when we introduced Chichi to the pack ,think Lily was scared of her at first,now they play together ,sit together.Bet Huly gives her one of those looks (LOL) Never heard of the breed here in UK

·
Registered
153 Posts
She is beautiful :) as I can see by the cuddle and harness hubby must love her alot too. How horrible can some people be :( idk she is lucky she wasn't hit by traffic.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
awww, she is gorgeous , I love her !!! and I love her name :) . i'm so happy for you and your family. I am so looking forward to more pics and watching her grow up !!! oh, and the redskins harness and leash look so nice on her

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Oh my, what a cutie pie! She is totally adorable, congratulations. I'm sure she will help to heal your broken hearts.

Michele, coonhounds are an American creation bred to hunt racoons, which is why we don't have them here. There are a few types of coonhound in the UK, but they have been imported as show dogs

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Congratulations on your new girl! It's funny how sometimes you just know it's your dog when you see/hear/read about them. I'm so glad that Gibbs has stopped howling after her introduction too, that must have been breaking your heart. I'll look forward to watching her grow. :)

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you everyone!

She is a total sweetheart! Everyone is really getting along great and we all adore her. She is personality central.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Oh, Christy, Scarlett is fantastic!!! So glad she is fitting right in. Also thankful Gibbs seems to be getting into the big bro role pretty smoothly. I'm so happy for all of you!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts