Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Rob and I have decided we are probably going to adopt the little Miniature Pinscher puppy whom we have decided to name Ziva (sassy yet girly (we love NCIS), lol.). I brought her home last night for Rob to meet and within 10 minutes she was snuggled up to him (she's super snuggly)....melted his heart and stole it! She hasn't had any accidents so far, has gone on the potty pad 3x now (we of course guide her then when she gives potty cues) but min pins are supposed to be harder to housebreak than chi's...so fingers crossed that she will continue with her good streak.

Here are some pictures of her, the red sweater is actually one I got from All a Dollar that doesn't/didn't fit Zoey but it's a perfect fit for Ziva...at least until she grows.

Zoey let her borrow her shirt

·
Registered
852 Posts
Heather she is so adorable and so pretty! I love her name, too!
How is she getting along with the other animal residents? :D

Does this mean you wont be getting another chi now?

Congratulations :):hello1:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heather she is so adorable and so pretty! I love her name, too!
How is she getting along with the other animal residents? :D

Does this mean you wont be getting another chi now?

Congratulations :):hello1:
She seems to be doing great with the other residents so far, Zoey isn't quite sure of her just yet, but I think they will make great playmates. She is being a 'typical' min pin and tries to stand on or 'over' the other animals but they are tolerating her well. She is wearing a leash all the time because she likes to play keep away so the cats are having fun chasing the leash. Right now she is snuggling in hubby's lap.

As for another chi.....that's still up for debate :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
She is a doll!!! I can't wait to watch her grow up. I think she's going to turn out really lovely. Congrats!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
She is a doll! The red sweater looks gorgeous on her. I love her name...very unique! :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she is gorgeous :) very pretty little girl , is the ear cropping and tail docking very common where you live ?
Yes it does happen here, depending on the personal preference, I know it's illegal in a lot of other countries, she had it done at the puppy mill (she came from a petstore), most likely when she was only a few days old :-( They don't have all their nerve endings right after being born so most commonly the tails/dewclaws are done at about 3-5 days old, the ears are usually done at about 10-16 weeks. So hers were probably done way younger.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She is a doll!!! I can't wait to watch her grow up. I think she's going to turn out really lovely. Congrats!
Thank-you, she's a very pretty girl indeed. I'm excited!

She is a doll! The red sweater looks gorgeous on her. I love her name...very unique! :)
Thank-you, it's amazing how perfect the sweater fits her, it's an XS but hardly fit Zoey at all, yet a tan one I got in the same size fits her fine. LOL. Yes, I think pink & red are this girls colors :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Oh my word - I'm usually not a big fan of Min Pins but she is simply adorable!! The sweetest face ever! I can see why you want to keep her & that's not even counting the sweet personality it sounds like she has. Congrats on the new addition!! :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh my word - I'm usually not a big fan of Min Pins but she is simply adorable!! The sweetest face ever! I can see why you want to keep her & that's not even counting the sweet personality it sounds like she has. Congrats on the new addition!! :)
I too am NOT a fan of Min Pins...but I was totally against EVER owning a Chi before I got Zoey...then something in her newborn pics just changed that forever :) Ziva is the sweetest thing so far, right now she's snuggled asleep in my arms. She is definitely a snuggler.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I too am NOT a fan of Min Pins...but I was totally against EVER owning a Chi before I got Zoey...then something in her newborn pics just changed that forever :) Ziva is the sweetest thing so far, right now she's snuggled asleep in my arms. She is definitely a snuggler.

I'm so with you - Chi's were my "least favorite dog breed" until just before I got Matilda and I guess she changed my & my hubby's opinion. ;) I guess they have that effect on you! LOL Ziva...what a little snuggle bug. :)

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
She is precious. My Xena is a chi-min-pin mix. The only difference I see from the rest of my chis is she can be a bit more aggressive, but listens well when I correct her. I was not a fan of chis until Reggie came into my life, now look at my pack. lol Oh, and I love the name Ziva (Big NICS fan here, too)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts