Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
She is gorgeous! Look at those ears. Don't let her get caught in the wind! LOL she'll fly away.

Will you breed her? Bet she'll have lovely babies! ooo la la

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wow she's so unusual! She almost looks a bit like a siamese cat! Beautiful. We never see those colours over here in the UK.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone!!!!

To answer a few questions:

Yes, I have intentions of breeding her once she is of age if her genetic tests come back okay.

Merles are a bit controvercial right now. Though much less so than 10 years ago. From what I have read they have only been recorded as being in existance for 25 years in the chihuahua breed. Many old school breeders and handlers are not fond of the merle coloring in chihuahuas because they feel that the color must have originated from a cross breeding. However, there is no proof of this theory. When it comes to breeding a merle it is a lot like breeding a blue. You must be very careful as to not breed two of them together as your chances for genetic defects increases. ALso, with merles you should always breed them to a darker colored mate as merling can be hidden in light colors.

·
Registered
734 Posts
zoey is very beautiful and love the coloring ! i would love to have a blue chi someday and call him smokey or something creative ! just beatiful chi to have and rare ( blue) !

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Wow! Zoey is beautiful and adorable. Her coloring is unusual, but it's gorgeous.

What color are her eyes? One of her eyes looks blue in the photos.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts