Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone help.Melys has become increasingly more quiet today and her left ear seems to look lower than usual and shes been twitching it. She seems to hold her head slightly to the side on her left too. She looks very unhappy and sorry for herself and is very clingy, warm and her breath is smelly which is unusual... but im not sure if thats because ive given her some cooked chicken. Shes eaten her food though. I cant get to the vets until Monday now. Im thinking its an ear infection. Is there any need to worry? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanx :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
is there a foul odor coming from her ear? Thats another indication of an ear infection... i dont know what else to do but take care of her and im sure someone will have some info promptly!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No theres no smell coming from her ear...shes just looking at me wondering what im doing sniffing her ear lol. Im giving her extra special care and hope shes ok tomorrow if she gets worse i will ring the vet to come out. Thanx ilovekeiki :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Infected tooth? I don't know, i am a complete spaz and Jolie would be on her way to the vet,,any vet that i could could a hold of that would meet me after hours..i just couldn't let her be sick or in pain for any length of time,, but that's just me. They are so small and can go from bad to worse so fast, i'm just not willing to risk it. I'd at least call a vet and describe what's going on for some advice.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put her in her playpen and shes jumping up and down now as usual...thankfully! I have a feeling its because shes teething. I dont know if im over reacting.But i will see how she is tomorrow and ring the vet for advice.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to let you know that the next day Melys was perfectly fine! :D Its me thats been ill !!! :roll:

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
awww seren hope yor ok yeah i would say its teething ruby is like that lately her big woppa ears go down and she looks all sad her teeth are coming through

1 - 8 of 8 Posts