Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Chloe is turning 7 months on saturday and she still cant/wont jump on and off our couch. I'm worried it's either a mental or physical issue.

It's not the size of the couch - 10 week old Axle had got up on to the couch all by himself once and now he's big he bounces up and down there all day long. It must be an issue with Chloe.

I've seen her jump off by herself on only 2 occasions and both times it took ages and she whined and cried a lot before she would do it. She didn't hurt herself though.

She never even tries to jump up by herself. She just puts her paws up and looks at you to pick her up and if you take too long she whines until you notice her.

I'm wondering if it's a fear thing either because she is a bit of a sooky fearful girl or because she was dropped as a 12 week old puppy?

Or could there be some sort of physical condition meaning that it hurts her (i'm not convinced of this because she runs up and down the stairs at the park without an issue)?

Any advice would be appreciated. I don't mind picking her up and putting her down (always gives an opportunity for cuddles) but it just concerns me that she's being held back by either fear or a physical problem.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not that I want her to jump on and off the couch, it's just that I'm worried she doesn't want to or can't. I would actually prefer neither of them to be on the couch unless i put them there but couldn't stop Axle if I tried, he's up and down a hundred times a day, so I just find it strange she hasn't tried to copy him.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess its just a Chloe quirk, she's full of them! Ax is such an uncomplicated little man who just wants food and pats and his Ted but Chloe is a funny little character who is constantly seeking approval and attention but then gets overwhealmed with excitement and anxiety when she gets it and doesn't quite know what to do. It's so funny that they're half siblings raised in exactly the same environment both with the breeder and me - they are just to different personality wise.

She is getting better though, she was really good when we had friends over the other day because they were nice enough to actually listen when I said give her time to warm up to you and half an hour later she was approaching them wanting to be picked up and she didn't pee everywhere or bark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.