Chihuahua People Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
We do not know yet. We hoped that they were harmless lipomas or sebaceous cysts that some dogs develop. They typically come and go once a dog starts getting them. They stay around a few months and go away. We would have been happy with it being those. The needle biopsy let us know that they were neither of those.

Everyone is encouraged that the biopsy indicated no clear evidence of cancer and they do resolve with antibiotics. She has been off and on antibiotics since September and we cannot continue that pattern forever.

So, she has been off antibiotics about a week this time. We are just waiting to see what happens. She gets regular acupuncture, chiro and is on Chinese herbs to help her body boost it's immune system. She is on another that has made such a difference in her "up-tightedness". She is less snappy at the others when she is sleeping and will actually curl up and lay with them. She will now roll on her back to get her tummy rubbed and is really allowing herself to relax.

Sadly, the plan now is if another returns that we let it get large and she will have to have surgery to have it removed and studied in the whole rather than the needle biopsy.

We would engage the regular pathologist and include a histopathologist in the mix.

The good news is that none of this causes her any discomfort and she is a happy and lovable dog. She would welcome kisses. She should come with a warning label that if you pick her up you will get your entire face and nose washed!

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
chi's have their little quirks. I have a stool at the bottom of my bed for them but if it's not just so Tillie won't use it and walks up and down and puts her paws up for me to help her. It has to be in the correct position or she won't jump it

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Wow Karen, you and hope have your plate full with that. I am hoping that it will not come back, but if it does, growing it and studying it will probably be able to tell you atleast more than you already know. Thankfully it didn't show to be cancerous. And even more, she's happy and not in pain. Hugs to you guys!!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.