Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Petco has just started carrying the Merrick Before Grain dry dog food..I currently have mine on WEllness Super 5 mix & they do pretty good on it but shed alot, so I thought maybe a better food would stop this (they hardly shed at all on Fromm but had to quit buying it due to prices going up) I was worried about switching to something with a higher protein but dont think 32% is all that bad. I know that Alan (Jazzman) used to feed this food with great results so thought Id give it a try.. anyone have any opinions on it?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Aw! Brandi you are loved and very much appreciated for all your hard work. :)
I don't know anything about this food, but someone will come along shortly with some helpful advice.
I love your siggy. The reindeer in the sleigh giving the stink eye cracks me up. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brandi - I didn't respond because I don't know anything about this food either. I do remember reading some good reviews awhile back though. So I think you should go ahead and try it if you want! Then let us know how your chi's do on it! :)

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aw! Brandi you are loved and very much appreciated for all your hard work. :)
I don't know anything about this food, but someone will come along shortly with some helpful advice.
I love your siggy. The reindeer in the sleigh giving the stink eye cracks me up. :)
lol I love that reindeer too!!

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brandi - I didn't respond because I don't know anything about this food either. I do remember reading some good reviews awhile back though. So I think you should go ahead and try it if you want! Then let us know how your chi's do on it! :)
Alan had recommended it awhile back but I couldnt get it near me but now petco carrys it I bought a bag today & just gave the chis a bit mixed in with the wellness... one snarly lil white chi has picked out the BG & spit the wellness on the floor he is such a butt!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Its such a hard call to make. I feed a food that had one recall in the past (the Nature's Variety frozen raw), because they changed their way they make the food. But I just have to choose to not think about the past and keep an eagle eye on any new recalls that might happen. So IDK...

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think if I were u I'd just buy a big ol' bag of Fromm and go with it...but I have no idea how the price compares to Merrick. Here it's cheaper than wellness.
I soo loved the Fromm but that darn pet specialty store was price gouging me every time I went the last time I went in she had jacked up the price on a lil 5 lb bag to $19!! Im payng anywhere from $10 -$15 for a 6lb bag of wellness & bought the merrick on sale for $15.00

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I soo loved the Fromm but that darn pet specialty store was price gouging me every time I went the last time I went in she had jacked up the price on a lil 5 lb bag to $19!! Im payng anywhere from $10 -$15 for a 6lb bag of wellness & bought the merrick on sale for $15.00
You can order the BIG bag off the internet with free shipping from some places. Fromm Family Foods - Duck & Sweet Potato - Dry Dog Food - Free Shipping Has the 30 lb bag of Duck/Sweet Potato for $57.00 so the shipping would be free and it would come in at under $10 per 5 lbs. Just something to think about :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was just looking at online prices but am so against buying things online...I enjoy going to the store & picking up my stuff...

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
If youre otherwise happy with Wellness and just want to switch to something grain free maybe it would be worth trying Core? Im not sure how the price compares either, but with all the recalls the name Merrick attached to anything makes me a bit uneasy. I think youd just have that extra worry on the back of your mind all the time if youre already hesitating to feed it. Or what about Acana, are you able to get that locally? That online deal for Fromm sounds pretty great too, with a bag that large you wouldnt have to buy online too often!

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think Im gunna return the merrick..Ive tried the wellness core before but I think it was just with Tader not sure if I had Piper then or not...Friday has definatly never had it though...The merrick has great reviews though but I cant help but think of all the recalls....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts